chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

JaneB   
15 minutes ago, Bison said:

You couldn't make it up. 😂

What an utterly ridiculous statement.

it seems that Chelsea Football club and everyone attached to it are heavily responsible for the tragic situation in Ukraine so let's DO something and punish them as much as we can.  That'll change everything.  And aren't we noble and good in doing so.

22 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I feel sorry for the kitman. He’s going to be up all night unstitching things.

More space for the world club cup winners badge

• Like 1

Bison   
37 minutes ago, JaneB said:

What an utterly ridiculous statement.

it seems that Chelsea Football club and everyone attached to it are heavily responsible for the tragic situation in Ukraine so let's DO something and punish them as much as we can.  That'll change everything.  And aren't we noble and good in doing so.

Exactly. I am in amazement at what comes out from the government but I really shouldn't be considering just what a joke they have been for the last few years. 

Does anyone know why Chelsea has to live in the real World regarding buying and selling players and nobody else has to?

There's a war on isn't a one way street . 

• Like 1

Bison   

Fair play to him for calling it what it is. One of the last people I'd expect that from. 

chara   

Roman is totally separated from Chelsea now.....or so it appears.... and negotiations are in progress to completely change the ownership....by continuing to hammer the Club what difference will it make to RA, Russia, Ukraine or the threat on the horizon to the very existence of our World?

Who benefits from the crippling of Chelsea?...... is there some deep State plot to devalue the Club and make it a cheap buy?.....even thinking that seems ridiculous but what is HMG wanting to achieve?

The "business" of Chelsea is "Football"......not arms or munitions.....what is being proved?

My only second hand knowledge of any of the lunacy is a Russian friend of my sister in Russia...at the start of this awful affair she told my sister how devasted and despairing she was....no word of late of course....she worked for Visa..... I'm sure she and all her family are reeling from the sanctions pouring on Chelsea.

Half a league Half a League......... and I don't mean the EPL.

Bison   
Just now, Diddymen said:

FFS, seriously?!

Yes, seriously! And yet this is perfectly normal:

On March 17, 2020, Boris Johnson learnt that British intelligence had warned against granting a peerage to his close friend Evgeny Lebedev on national security grounds. He responded with incredulity.

The 41-year-old Russian businessman derives his wealth from his father, Alexander Lebedev, a former KGB spy turned billionaire oligarch with investments in occupied Crimea. Lebedev Jr has previously defended Vladimir Putin and raised questions over the murder of Alexander Litvinenko, the Kremlin critic poisoned with polonium at a London hotel.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

This is very revealing of the motives behind the current sanctions. How does it benefit Putin or harm Ukraine if Chelsea commit to spending more money? Too many people involved in this think they have axes to grind.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Put that standard to every other club? 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan