chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

You do realise he's actually taking the p1ss out of both of you and anyone else who thinks the club has been unfairly treated don't you?

Oh yes of course. He's clearly in complete agreement with the governments action. He's probably that bloke on tralksport who was blubbering that he would have to support Sutton FC from now on. 

Carragher about to run on and slap the referee. 

51 minutes ago, Ham said:

You do realise he's actually taking the p1ss out of both of you and anyone else who thinks the club has been unfairly treated don't you?

Do I think the club are being treated unfairly - sure, if we were in a vaccum.

But we are not. Who do you think the vast amount of economic sanctions against "Russia" impact? Does it not impact all the Russians who have been judged guilty by association? 

The war is the brain child of a handful of assholes sitting in kremlin with a silver spoon in their mouth and 100 golden ones up their asses 

Unfortunately, trying to sanctioning them or stopping them would have to be done by impacting the Russian population, 99% of whom have nothing to do with the war. 

Some oligarch's yatch was seized... Wtf. Whats he gonna do with the yatch? I did not see an uproar for it. 

Sanctioning roman was an obvious thing to do. Does not matter how many skeletons are in Johnson's closet or any x,y,z person's closet. This situation is much bigger than the club, I would have thought someone with such strong views of "cruelty and abuse" would understand it, but apparently I guess that compassion is just reserved to cats

Edited by didierforever

1 minute ago, didierforever said:

But we are not. Who do you think the vast amount of economic sanctions against "Russia" impact? Does it not impact all the Russians who have been judged guilty by association? 

The war is the brain child of a handful of assholes sitting in kremlin with a silver spoon in their mouth and 100 golden ones up their assets. 

Unfortunately, trying to sanctioning them or stopping them would have to be done by impacting the Russian population, 99% of whom have nothing to do with the war. 

Some oligarch's yatch was seized... Wtf. Whats he gonna do with the yatch? I did not see an uproar for it. 

Sanctioning roman was an obvious thing to do. Does not matter how many skeletons are in Johnson's closet or any x,y,z person's closet. This situation is much bigger than the club, I would have thought someone with such strong views of "cruelty and abuse" would understand it, but apparently I guess that compassion is just reserved to cats

I don't think sanctions are the issue for our support , the issue is now that Abramovich cannot access the money why can't we sell tickets , were being put into receivership by a government far more entrenched in the suffering in the Ukraine by dint of corruption than Chelsea are.

Ruudboy   
3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yes we have to be smart. Ham is right in a way. Just blindly chanting Romans name is a simple thing to do but the media will murder us... we can do better than that. We must show the hypocrisy and lies and diversionary tactics. 

Most of all support Ukraine...I believe Romans grandparents were Ukrainian. Wrong foot them. The media is actually quite stupid.  

If it helps, there was no chanting of Romans name today, apart from a little towards the end - and some chanted Slava Ukrainia  instead …

Edited by Ruudboy

RDCW   
5 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Staying true to form, there's the usual vomit inducing hypocrisy from those whiter than white Liverpool cnuts.

According to them, everyone and anyone connected to our club and "murderous owner" are nothing less than vermin who have taken blood money.

Ahhh...but not those who have a connection to Chelsea FC and Liverpool FC. It's fine for their saintly club to do deals with devil and give us money for Sturrridge and Joe Cole. The sun still shines out of Rafa's backside, even though he too took our blood money. They now worship Salah, another one who was happy to take blood money.

🐷🐷🐷 

Not to mention the fact that they, as fans, are directly responsible for mass murder in Belgium, and perhaps elsewhere.

RDCW   
44 minutes ago, didierforever said:

The war is the brain child of a handful of assholes sitting in kremlin with a silver spoon in their mouth and 100 golden ones up their asses 

This is the very definition of muddled thinking. If you genuinely are so crass that you can't understand our indignation and the injustice of the situation, then what are you even doing here? 

You seem like the kind of guy who would stand over a guy who had just broken his neck, saying, "Stop whinging, don't you know there are homeless children out there!"

The fact is this is a Chelsea forum, discussing Chelsea matters, and Chelsea are collateral damage in a wider panorama of human damage. Nobody is "sport washing ". We are discussing the injustice against the club and against a man fundamentally between a rock and a hard place. Where is the evidence of Abramovich 's culpability? The optics have forced his removal, but not the rest of this **** shower. 

Edited by RDC Williams

Ham   
9 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

This is the very definition of muddled thinking. If you genuinely are so crass that you can't understand our indignation and the injustice of the situation, then what are you even doing here? 

You seem like the kind of guy who would stand over a guy who had just broken his neck, saying, "Stop whinging, don't you know there are homeless children out there!"

The fact is this is a Chelsea forum, discussing Chelsea matters, and Chelsea are collateral damage in a wider panorama of human damage. Nobody is "sport washing ". We are discussing the injustice against the club and against a man fundamentally between a rock and a hard place. Where is the evidence of Abramovich 's culpability? The optics have forced his removal, but not the rest of this **** shower. 

Very well said.  

Saw several fans with the 3 logo blacked out on their tops. 100% agree with that. Roman has gone 3 had no reason to pull the plug as he also wont receive any of the money Hyundai the same.

Good for Nike for sticking around for the new owners. Lets hope its quick. Good to win again in these difficult moments.

chara   
2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Very well said.  

I'm with Ham...and this is a Chelsea forum...not a place for analysis of political thinking...we are discussing the effect on CFC of the the completely illogical attack on CFC as a business. The departure of it's latest owner much punished by HMG has not stopped HMG punishing Chelsea...for what?