JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup Quarter Final match against Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:15 hours on Saturday, 19th March 2022 (Local UK time/date) (Live on the BBC) 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10614785/Chelsea-boss-Thomas-Tuchel-confirms-team-fly-FA-Cup-quarter-final-Middlesbrough.html

getting silly now, players can afford their own flight tickets, so no excuse, £110 flying on Friday night or why not club together and hire a private plane

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

Chelsea has requested this to be played behind closed doors.  Some fight-back at last!

3 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

Won't happen.

Not sure this is a good move from the Club. 

I bet the Sports desk editor at the Daily Mail just soiled himself. 

3 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

Even Simon Jordan pointed out the crass stupidity of this. All it is doing is stopping CFC fans attending the game. The gate receipts are split 45/45/10, so our 45% of the money will have to go into Escrow anyway, regardless of whether they sell the tickets to Chelsea fans or Middlesborough fans.

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not sure this is a good move from the Club. 

I'm hoping it's more an "arm twisting" gesture by the club. Put pressure on the football authorities regarding "sporting integrity" and FA/PL etc will start lobbying government a bit harder regarding allowing us to sell tickets (which includes away supporters at ST!)

Edited by Bob Singleton
Typo, again. Sorry, keyboard needs a clean.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'm hoping it's more an "arm twisting" gesture by the club. Put pressure on the football authorities regarding "sporting integrity" and FA/Pl etc will start lobbying government a bit harder regarding allowing us to sell tickets (which includes away supporters at ST!)

On reflection, I think you are right.........trying to get a proper decision made (and quickly)

Surely, if the issue is money coming in, the tickets can be sold with the proceeds going to a Ukrainian charity?