paulw66   
5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

To a degree just have to hold your hands up and say Brentford played really well. We did just stop defending for 10 minutes, mind. Calamity.

I have no idea why Tuchel thinks Loftus-Cheek can play in a deep midfield role. Timo Werner can't even play football.

Timo only saving grace is against teams who play a high line. Against a Brentford, he may as well not be there

To compound it, he's now playing like someone who doesn't want to get injured ahead of a move home 

Edited by paulw66

Holymoly   

It's amazing how two weeks off can make you forget just how pathetic and ineffectual our players can be.

No way Tuchel would have put out that line up and formation against a top six side. It was just disrespectful to Brentford. They prepared well, sensed their chance, and took full advantage. Starting Loftus Cheek and Werner was taking the p*ss. That result was down to sheer arrogance and we got what we deserved. 

Hey, maybe this will put the Ricketts off. The Chelsea Blues couldn't lock up a dub in their encounter with the Brentford Bees!

chelboy   

Well at least that wakes us up for Madrid. Got to buy DM’s this summer and back up full backs that can play in a back 4. As for Werner that should really be the final straw. I get that he’s good in the CL and when he gets space but he isn’t cut out for this league. Just lacks basic skill needed. As I have said before there are better players in the Championship and I’m not even joking. 

chara   
2 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

He did well against, err, Luton.

RLC was "doing well" before the injury in that pointless game but that still may have been yet another false dawn from him..if he can't show any dominance against the Brentfords of this football world what can he do?

All credit to Brentford but they got "lucky" in the sense outside and Club circumstances and poor team selection on the day came together.

As an aside I often feel Ziyech and Havertz are just a tad away from falling into the "almost man" category as defined by RLC....always just above the line with bursts of "here we are at last" to wind us up.

chara   
9 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

No way Tuchel would have put out that line up and formation against a top six side. It was just disrespectful to Brentford. They prepared well, sensed their chance, and took full advantage. Starting Loftus Cheek and Werner was taking the p*ss. That result was down to sheer arrogance and we got what we deserved. 

Well put and agreement from most here I suspect.

ROTG   
31 minutes ago, chara said:

Well...that's my weekend ruined!

Let’s hope it’s not ruined the bidders.

22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Ship 4 at home to Brentford, and the attack is the problem?

I don't think Silva* or Alonso can play in a 4 .... And the protection in front was non existent.

Had no control of the game. Selection was all over the place 

* Due to age 

I don't think shipping 4 goals at home has anything to do with it Paul , all our goals are scored by defenders with the very occasional midfielder chipping in. Not good enough .