RDCW   

Well that turned out to be the Spanish Inquisition......or did it? 

The team is made fragile by the lack of prolific goalscorers, so there is a lingering expectation that humiliating defeat is always just around the corner.

I didn't watch the game and I never will, but at least Wales' women beat Scotland in the 6 Nations, so I shall retreat into a patriotic shell. Sometimes being a Chelsea fan pisses me off to an unhealthy degree!

Bloody awful result.  Credit to Brentford for coming and having a go, unlike Stoke or West Brom in the past with their hoofball and anti football tactics.  RLC is a mid-table team player at best, Alonso is past it and we must find a proper goalscorer if we are ever going to win the PL ever again.  Connor Gallagher must be brought back and given a proper chance in our midfield, we clearly lack dynamism with some of our midfield players.  However, we are at our most dangerous after these sort of results, so hopefully we'll get back to winning ways on Wednesday, Real Madrid aren't all that.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

• Like 1

paulw66   

When the dust settles and people calm down, the results in the last month, bearing in mind the situation the club is in, have been nothing short of incredible.

Something like today was always a possibility.

Onwards onto Wednesday

1 hour ago, Leo91 said:

Just hope it's a one off because I'm still not convinced we're certain to finish top 4. 

Man United helped put my mind to rest re: that ;)

35 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

We now not only have problems up front but also at the back. 

The midfield was also poor today! Also, Mendy's passing is becoming a worry. He has a brain fart almost every game now.

Edited by boratsbrother

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

When the dust settles and people calm down, the results in the last month, bearing in mind the situation the club is in, have been nothing short of incredible.

Onwards onto Wednesday

Today really was just about 10 ridiculous minutes that were a huge deviation from what we've done all seaaon. Wasn't a great performance before or after that, but not one to really draw bigger conclusions from. It's embarrassing to get thrashed, at home, by a local club much lower than us in the table, but we can survive embarrassment.

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Onwards onto Wednesday

I think people are calm..a bit upset of course. Conceding 4 at home to Brentford is not our finest hour. Can it happen next league game...absolutely . Can we win next league game 4 -1...absolutely. But things are getting tough now. We may have been running on a bit of adrenaline after RA saga. The dust has settled at bit on that now and reality is here. We now have half empty stadiums, no owner, a terrible home result, only goal again today from a defender, and now a leaky defence that had once been so solid. I think we will get a decent result over Madrid because we just seemed to be a good cup team. I will cling to that. 

I think we all know we were due one to be honest . Another perfect storm , International week , followed by Champions League in midweek which the players will surely be far more interested than a game against Brentford . As TVF says it was simply a mad ten minute spell. If we had any attacking threat ...