Recommended Posts

bONes   

I think we are a better team with Timo. He does so well making those runs in behind and stretching defences to open up spaces for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing what a few harsh words and a haircut can do isn't it?

We can wallop Madrid if we turn up.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, bONes said:

I think we are a better team with Timo. He does so well making those runs in behind and stretching defences to open up spaces for others.

Unfortunately most teams don't allow us any space in behind and normally we don't pass it quick enough or well enough from midfield to take advantage of any space that does appear.

Lukaku would have enjoyed today too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leo91   

Just watching the highlights now. Timo ūüėā poor fella, took his goal really well though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

 

Lukaku would have enjoyed today too.

Why , was there a buffet?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

They won't make a song and dance about it in the media as although they love Spurs their love of Stevie Me trump's everything.

They've already stopped calling them Stephengerrardsastonvilla in case someone starts pointing the finger at how dreadful Villa are under his stewardship.

 

Totally! Villa fans were mouthing off as well when they won a couple on the bounce. Another ‚Äėbig club‚Äô with Chelsea envy and bitterness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

 

Lukaku would have enjoyed today too.

Southampton were a Chesterfield level today, so you're probably right.

Looking at his future at Chelsea. I see zero chance of him ever becoming the number one choice again. His ego is far too big for him to accept a place as a squad player, so I fully expect him to put in a transfer request in the summer. It would be best for both player and club. 

 

Edited by boratsbrother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kratos   
On 07/04/2022 at 8:40 PM, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I want to see an unprecedented hunger, desire and clinical finishing. Take out all the frustration of the last 2 games on Soton in a bombastic 5-0 trashing. 

You were almost right.

Still, bravo.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Southampton were a Chesterfield level today, so you're probably right.

Looking at his future at Chelsea. I see zero chance of him ever becoming the number one choice again. His ego is far too big for him to accept a place as a squad player, so I fully expect him to put in a transfer request in the summer. It would be best for both player and club. 

 

To play devils advocate for a minute, why should Lukaku accept just being a "squad player" though? He's a top 20 all-time Premier League goal scorer, in what is arguably his peak years still, and has demonstrated that he can score goals WHEN utilised correctly in a system benefiting his strengths. Irrespective of his form or the perception people have of him, where's the benefit of simply settling? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
3 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Unfortunately most teams don't allow us any space in behind and normally we don't pass it quick enough or well enough from midfield to take advantage of any space that does appear.

Lukaku would have enjoyed today too.

This is what I don't get with us. We've signed two forwards for considerable money that are renown for thriving in counter-attacking setups, but choose to play in the completely opposite fashion that does neither any favours. 

We should be more willing to actually play on the counter, invite teams onto us, and help create that space for players like this to succeed. We'd probably find our midfield would also fair better because rather than having to be intricate with their passing to break sides down who've plonked men behind the ball, ball movement would be more direct and as such not quite needing the same degree of precision. 

I honestly thought after signing Lukaku for the money we did, Tuchel was going to make more of this happen because of how much logical sense it made. How wrong was I though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now