JaneB

Real Madrid 2 Chelsea 3 (5 - 4 on aggregate)

xCELERYx   
8 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

Given his performance today, I do wonder if Timo might have played his way into the team? 

The worry for me is he could just as easily go missing if we do start him, just as he usually does.

Can't be worse than anything Pulisic served up in the first leg to be fair. At least Werner moves and helps create space for others.

An early goal for Chelsea on Tuesday and its game on. After watching him vs Werner I would be tempted to start Werner, however, no chance this Madrid side will leave the space behind that Southampton did and this isn't really the game for Werner. It's probably more of a Ziyech game where a killer pass can open up their defence. It is definitely a game for Kovacic to play, can't believe he didn't start the first leg. Alonso also has to play, because we need a natural left-footer out there and he knows and understands the wing-back role better than anyone else... and he can finish.

Mendy

Chalobah - Silva - Rudiger

James - Kovacic - Kante - Alonso

Ziyech - Havertz - Mount

I'm worryingly confident we're going to turn this around, which is never a great thing. My biggest fear is Benzema though and he doesn't need many chances to get himself a goal, as we've seen first-hand.

COME ON CHELSEA!

Sciatika   

No Militao could make a huge difference. Presumably, they will play Alaba and Nacho. I think the lack of pace in central defence might give Werner something to work with. Benzema is a worry though.

Diddymen   
29 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

No Militao could make a huge difference. Presumably, they will play Alaba and Nacho. I think the lack of pace in central defence might give Werner something to work with. Benzema is a worry though.

Werner is great when teams play a high line - as was the case yesterday.

There will be no need for Madrid to play a high line on Tuesday. However, I would still play Werner

Diddymen   
56 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It is definitely a game for Kovacic to play, can't believe he didn't start the first leg. Alonso also has to play

Mendy

Chalobah - Silva - Rudiger

James - Kovacic - Kante - Alonso

Ziyech - Havertz - Mount

I am also at at a loss too why he didn’t play Kova - and we will never know. In addition, I found it very strange that TT played Azpi instead of Alonso. Sure, if all our LBs were injured then yes. Madrid do not have any pace on that side. And Alonso offers much more offensively than Azpi.

Not sure what’s happened to Chalobah, but he isn’t starting this game otherwise he wouldn’t have brought him on for a bit yesterday. I think his last match was against Lille

TT messed up royally with the line up in the first leg and the deficit is now too much claw back 

16 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I am also at at a loss too why he didn’t play Kova - and we will never know. In addition, I found it very strange that TT played Azpi instead of Alonso. Sure, if all our LBs were injured then yes. Madrid do not have any pace on that side. And Alonso offers much more offensively than Azpi.

Not sure what’s happened to Chalobah, but he isn’t starting this game otherwise he wouldn’t have brought him on for a bit yesterday. I think his last match was against Lille

TT messed up royally with the line up in the first leg and the deficit is now too much claw back 

I agree, Chalobah isn’t going to play, but I’d rather him in there than Christensen, otherwise we know exactly where Madrid will be targeting and I’m presuming Azpi is out (hopefully not).

The other thing we could do is go to a back 4 with James at RB and play a 4231.

I think team pretty much picks itself. Only real debate is the third striker position. Suspect Tuchel will go with Pulisic. 

Mendy

Christensen, Rudiger, Silva 

James, Alonso 

Kovacic, Jorginho 

Mount, Havertz 

Werner/Pulisic/Ziyech

ROTG   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Ziyech game where a killer pass can open up their defence.

Sorry, Ziyech is the last person needed.  Pace and urgency is required down the flanks not someone who’s becoming a one trick pony of cutting in from the right on to his left foot.