17 minutes ago, Ro61 said:

No need to be ironic Michael.

I wasn't.

18 minutes ago, Ro61 said:

The responses were heart felt.

So was mine.

• Like 1

xCELERYx   

Kante's sheer lack of awareness is really getting on my nerves now. Rewatching the second goal and once more he fails to track the midfield runner, which happens to be Smith-Rowe, once he lays the initial pass off out wide. As the ball is played wide Kante and Smith-Rowe are literally side by side, of course Kante starts to direct his run out towards the ball and just leave Smith-Rowe completely unmarked on the edge of the box with enough room ahead of him to have his shot on goal. 

I've been saying for the last couple seasons that his performances have been on the decline, the consistency of old isn't there and his flaws as a player are having a greater negative impact on the side as a whole. He's going to continue to age horribly as a player because he's so limited outside of his high octane nature that comes through his athletic abilities. Now that he can't sustain that play style like during his prime he's got very little else to fall back on. 

While we may end up keeping him around for the final year of his contract, we shouldn't be keeping him beyond that. If anything, should a decent offer come in for him this summer then we need to seriously consider it. 

Going to be quite a clear out this summer with Azpi, Christensen, Lukaku, Kante, Jorginho, all leaving according to some reports. I hope our new owners have got deep pockets. Blimey. 

Edited by Original 21

Once again Tuchel gets his starting XI all wrong. 

That defense won’t win us many games in the league. 

Blue Rod   

We could and should have started with a better team. I wish it was just a case of poor team selection, though. Every player was either making cheap mistakes or not bothering too much. It wasn't just Kante who was not tracking runners to our box. Arsenal had three players arriving in one of their attacks, and no Chelsea player tracked any of them. And as the horror unfolded, the manager could well have been reaching for a box of popcorn.  

6 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

We could and should have started with a better team. I wish it was just a case of poor team selection, though. Every player was either making cheap mistakes or not bothering too much. It wasn't just Kante who was not tracking runners to our box. Arsenal had three players arriving in one of their attacks, and no Chelsea player tracked any of them. And as the horror unfolded, the manager could well have been reaching for a box of popcorn.  

Kante in recent games seems to have totally lost his instinctual decision making. He daudles on the ball or is slow to react to the 2nd ball. It's painful to see considering the standards he has set. 

Which brings me to a point about yesterday. Arsenal were far better than us on 2nd balls. When their attacks were snuffed out, they won back loose balls better than us and continued the pressure. 

When we attacked and were snuffed out we were nowhere near the 2nd ball, our anticipation was awful. In fact Arsenal's 2nd goal started from us making this mistake. 

Holymoly   
9 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

If Roman was still in charge TT's job would be on the line at the start of next season. No way would Roman keep tolerating these dreadful performances.

Can't make up my mind if that's good or bad. Tuchel has a lot of stuff going on in his personal life and you can only hope he's more focused and settled next season. To be fair he's still operating with the squad he inherited as I don't think he particularly wanted Lukaku in the first place. Clearly we need to keep hold of Rudiger so the sooner the new owners come in the better. Next season is going to be a complete **** up anyway becasue of the World Cup, no idea what will happen in the summer window and how it will be affected. Interesting, if not also frustrating, times. Two steps forward, one and a half steps back.

Ruudboy   

First intensive gym session in five weeks (thanks, covid) so decided to miss the match and slob out in front of the telly. Couldn’t believe the team sheet - was this total disrespect for a misfiring Arse squad or was there a cunning plot? Alas, the first. Or ineptness. At any rate, the defence was a disaster waiting to happen - not one of our senior defenders present, and WTF is Dave doing as wing back when James is available? Midfield disconnected and that Sack of Potatoes up front. Jesus Christ almighty. At least I didn’t have to trudge home over the fields after. Will be at Wet Spam this weekend unless I take up the offer of a free ticket to watch Pool play Lampard’s Lot. believe me, after last night it is tempting.

• Like 1