Recommended Posts

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Everton at Goodison Park before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 14:00 hours on Sunday, 1st May 2022 (Local UK time/date)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

Pickford long ball, DCL finish. 

11 men behind the ball for 89 minutes. Heroic victory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Football 365 ran an article about how they hope Everton go down under Lampard because he was promoted because of who he was not what he's capable of , no mention of Villa being close to relegation naturally and then their Mailbox was absolutely full of Liverpool supporters decrying Everton as rough housing , time wasting , injury feigning , cheats who deserve to go down because of the way they play . Watch that turn 180 degrees when they do it to us . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ham said:

Pickford long ball, DCL finish. 

11 men behind the ball for 89 minutes. Heroic victory. 

I can see Pickford doing his fall over routine over and over and over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I can see Pickford doing his fall over routine over and over and over. 

Point is no good for them, they have to come out and try otherwise Burnley will be out of sight. They might not have fancied it against Liverpool but nobody knows how we will turn up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Football 365 ran an article about how they hope Everton go down under Lampard because he was promoted because of who he was not what he's capable of , no mention of Villa being close to relegation naturally and then their Mailbox was absolutely full of Liverpool supporters decrying Everton as rough housing , time wasting , injury feigning , cheats who deserve to go down because of the way they play . Watch that turn 180 degrees when they do it to us . 

Slippys initial effects seem to have worn off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ROTG   
19 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Point is no good for them

maybe Frank should step aside for this one and  let big dunc pick the team :0)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
23 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Point is no good for them, they have to come out and try otherwise Burnley will be out of sight. They might not have fancied it against Liverpool but nobody knows how we will turn up.

yes and no. 

After us, Everton have got Leicester and Watford away, followed by Brentford and Palace at home. Those next 4 will be games they can think they can win, before playing Arsenal away.

Burnley have Watford away, Villa at home, Spurs away, Villa away, and lastly Newcastle at home.........their last 3 are quite tricky. 

I think at this stage, every point is precious for both sides. If Burnley win this weekend and our game is a draw, they will be 4 points behind with a game in hand. Not insurmountable and I think I would take Everton's fixtures over theirs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VA96   
28 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

yes and no. 

After us, Everton have got Leicester and Watford away, followed by Brentford and Palace at home. Those next 4 will be games they can think they can win, before playing Arsenal away.

Burnley have Watford away, Villa at home, Spurs away, Villa away, and lastly Newcastle at home.........their last 3 are quite tricky. 

I think at this stage, every point is precious for both sides. If Burnley win this weekend and our game is a draw, they will be 4 points behind with a game in hand. Not insurmountable and I think I would take Everton's fixtures over theirs. 

I think Leeds could be borderline too, 5 points ahead of Everton (Eve have a game in hand) but Leeds fixtures: City (h), Arsenal (a), Chelsea (h), Brighton (h), Brentford (a)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
Just now, VA96 said:

I think Leeds could be borderline too, 5 points ahead of Everton (Eve have a game in hand) but Leeds fixtures: City (h), Arsenal (a), Chelsea (h), Brighton (h), Brentford (a)

5 points is pretty big at this stage. If Leeds can pick up just 4 or 5 points from those games.........Everton would need 10 or 11 (a lot)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now