JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

6 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

This is a crazy interpretation of the subs. If he wants out, he just quits.

The most likely explanation is the one no seems to be able to see; he doesn't have the choices people assume he has.

Hope you are right mate.

chara   
24 minutes ago, ROTG said:

You are having a laugh. 

You pay £4bn Europe should be a default. 

The coach becoming a person who is disillusioned with either the club or his personal situation is impacting his decision making. 

Unfortunately I doubt being outside the top 4 was ever written into the bidding process.  

Wish I were.... it's not about just being in the euro elite competition...how can any squad next season be considered strong enough or more importantly established enough to compete at the top?

I was merely pointing out that rebuilding ,,which is a reality not a wish.... is better achieved in a less congested fixture list   (yeah still extra games but with a different mindset) and without unreasonable expectations.

I didn't say I like the idea.

The defense is finished as a unit...no real midfield with aging and damaged legs everywhere and no attacking threat....

Take that scenario into the top competition?

Better to use a lesser stage to build on..League Cup principles in Europe for the (hopefully) fresh squad.

Not a clearly thought out position from me but I hope the idea is clear?

Ham   
1 hour ago, Dingus said:

91C3DF1D-387F-4CD9-B2AD-96268DFC69D6.jpeg

Dr Chelsea to the rescue again

9 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Top 4 and the finance it provides is more important these days.

Financial side certainly, but just in terms of the prestige and excitement, we won a CL last year and I wouldn't feel upset at having a Europa campaign (we would most likely win the Europa as well haha). We are not greedy and spoilt as other English teams are when they disrespect the Europa. 

8 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

The legs are gone, I don't know that "resting" anyone is really possible at this stage. And I'd not feel like relying on the mental fortitude of players who've failed to beat a desperately poor Leeds just a few days before. I think we just play the best side we can play for every game left at this stage.

Yes of course. We have been at this all season. No point breaking momentum. We have to just go all out. Liverpool have had 1 extra game than us recently (CL 2nd leg) so that will be a bigger burden for them than us resting players on Wednesday will be for them. 

chara   

Trying desperately to stay a half full guy.....sweating/agonising on 3/4th is nowhere as gut wrenching as going through a relegation nightmare.

Hurtful times indeed but with everything that has occured since the New Year it is a wonder Chelsea are still in contention for 3/4.

Let us not forget there are people dying as a result of a brutal invasion whilst we agonise over a football match.

Blue Rod   

Once again we underperformed as a team and as individuals. And once again, the manager has said nothing post-match that convinces anyone that he knows what the problem is, never mind the solution. 

This is now a test for the new owners; should they stick with TT next season. Because they way I see it, his system is far too predictable and too easy to nullify - whether in defence or attack. He has to come up with something else, on the match and during the match. Signing a few new faces into this system is a bad recipe, imo. 

Hang on. Is the Cup Final next week and Tuchel was pissing about resting players hence why we ended up with Sarr, Loftus-Cheek and Saul on the pitch at the end? 

Ham   
1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

Hang on. Is the Cup Final next week and Tuchel was pissing about resting players hence why we ended up with Sarr, Loftus-Cheek and Saul on the pitch at the end? 

RLC was forced because of injuries but Sarr over TC and Saul over Mount was baffling

1 minute ago, Ham said:

RLC was forced because of injuries but Sarr over TC and Saul over Mount was baffling

You’re right. Jorginho and Kante were injured. But Sarr and Saul were apparently preferred over Mount and Chalobah. Utterly bizarre.