JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I did deride our "strength in depth" earlier , with three centre halves on the bench , I expect many of the players are playing through injury and have been for some time , then you have the players that are fit but rubbish like Sarr , Barkley , Saul , as the icing on a very unappealing cake.

Yes, we had numbers because we couldn't shift, not depth. Tuchel has never been the sort to not pick players or freeze them out when they clearly can do a job (like Lampard with, for example, Alonso, Rudiger, Azpi) so I'm finding this criticism odd. Why assume we can all see something he can't? More likely he can see something we can't all see.

• Like 1

Sciatika   

Still too angry to comment.

The way Liverpool play their high line, it's made for Kane and Son tonight, so it wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool's title bid is ruined by Spurs.

Ham   

Maybe losing AC, Azpi, Alonso and Rudiger is an opportunity to rid ourselves of a collective who have had these collapses in them for years. 

New blood coached by TT, who are capable of playing a back 4 as well as a 3 might end up being one of those sliding doors moments for us. 

Diddymen   
23 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

If Spurs lose tonight, we only need the maximum of a win on the last day of the season against already relegated Watford. 

Are you sure we could beat Watford? 

Edited by Diddymen

1 minute ago, Phoenix Blue said:

The way Liverpool play their high line, it's made for Kane and Son tonight, so it wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool's title bid is ruined by Spurs.

I think Spurs will get something later, have we got a buyback clause on any of the young players we let go, like Lampty, Tomori etc

4 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Are you sure we could beat Watford? 

I'm not :)

Diddymen   
10 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

If TT does go at the end of the season, anyone think we could go for Potter

I think he’s a good manager - but to add, that was Brighton’s first win since December at home

16 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

If TT does go at the end of the season, anyone think we could go for Potter

I think its 50/50 TT stays on next season. If he goes, who takes over?  Obviously rule out the top two. Then its experienced top managers who've already been and gone from here. Apart from those, you have someone like Zidane, but would he come here or be the right man for the job at hand? After that lot, we're pretty much down to taking a punt on one taking on a difficult rebuild job at a level of club they've never managed before, which  is where the likes of a Potter comes into consideration.