JaneB

Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

Ham   

That disallowed Werner goal was a joke.  Why isn't VAR overturning that? The defender slipped FFS. Dippers are getting that goal all day long. 

20220425_082901.jpg

Just now, Floyd25 said:

You would think they would want to put in a performance for the potential new owners but no, slow turgid sideways passing and long balls to no man’s lands is what we get served up. 

I think the team is trying, just really struggling, as they have been doing for a lot of games for some months now. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we missed out on top four. 

Floyd25   

If the referee did his job and waited for the ball to either go in or be saved before blowing his whistle, VAR would’ve checked and given a goal…so why’s he blown his whistle immediately? Is he corrupt or just an idiot? I’m not sure. 

Floyd25   
Just now, boratsbrother said:

I think the team is trying, just really struggling, as they have been doing for a lot of games for some months now. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we missed out on top four. 

To be honest I’m not sure I even see some of them trying anymore, more like going through the motions. 

1 minute ago, Floyd25 said:

If the referee did his job and waited for the ball to either go in or be saved before blowing his whistle, VAR would’ve checked and given a goal…so why’s he blown his whistle immediately? Is he corrupt or just an idiot? I’m not sure. 

Both

Holymoly   

We really should be a good enough team to balance out dodgy VAR calls. Unfortunately, all too often, they are the make or break of games like this for us. Our players took their foot off the gas when it looked like we were home and dry in 3rd. Now, a couple of weeks later a bad result here and we're in the fight for fourth. FFS Thomas, get laid into them at half time. This is not good enough.

I genuinely cannot see what was wrong with the Werner goal. I swear he's the most unlucky striker we've ever had.

Admittedly I didn't celebrate the RLC goal because he looked offside and probably was the right decision. But seriously, how long did they need to take to come to that decision?

1 minute ago, Floyd25 said:

See what Ham says above .

Diddymen   

What’s happened to this team since the second leg of the Madrid match 

out of ideas, slow, not creating much 

...and they’ve had a weeks break. 

Edited by Diddymen

xCELERYx   

The midfield has been absolute cack out of possession. Loftus-Cheek just labours around in the centre circle, and as I said before we're getting carved open with this combination both being caught up field too often. 

Pulisic is non existent without the ball, and even with his usage isn't great. Only ever looks bright when he can take 10 touches. 

As usual the service to the forwards has often been poor. 

Wouldn't mind having Neves and Pedro Neto though next season.