JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Big week. Scum and Leicester. Both must win games for me.

We need 1 point for top 4

2 for 3rd

We have Watford to play 

Leicester is far from must win

Edit - by the time we play the Leicester game we might not need any points

Edited by paulw66

paulw66   
1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

I don't want any risk to be taken with Kova. If he's not fully fit then he shouldn't play!

I'm old enough to remember the days when the Cup final was a huge sporting event which even non football fans would watch. Winning it was at least as big as winning the league or even European Cup. 

I think it's decline started with the awful decision to play the semi's at Wembley. It might help the competition if the FA went back to playing them at neutral grounds again. Also give a European place to the winners. 

The decline of the cup is largely due to the importance of the CL

Finishing 4th is more important for an Arsenal or Spurs (for example) than winning the Cup 

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Finishing 4th is more important for an Arsenal or Spurs (for example) than winning the Cup 

True, but the decline started well before top four came into being.  

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

And for us!

We are only financially viable with Champions League money.

The team today should be and I think will be:

Mendy

Azpilicueta - Silva - Rudiger

James - Jorginho - Kante* - Alonso

Pulisic - Lukaku - Mount

*If he isn't fit to start then RLC will start as I don't think Kovacic will be able to hold out for the full 90 and we don't want to be forced into an early change.

30 years ago the TV coverage would already have started. Discussions on what the players had for breakfast, images of them leaving the hotel in suits, interviews with fans lining the route, detailed footage of how each team got to the final. 

When my team did actual get to the final, all of that had been discarded. Shame because it was a real event back then. 

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sky billing this as Liverpool V Chelsea , what a surprise.

Each pundit will be given a box of red coloured w****** tissues for the big red moments. 

( can I say w******...lets go with the german version.... "v****** just in case??)

5 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

30 years ago the TV coverage would already have started. Discussions on what the players had for breakfast, images of them leaving the hotel in suits, interviews with fans lining the route, detailed footage of how each team got to the final. 

When my team did actual get to the final, all of that had been discarded. Shame because it was a real event back then. 

Question of Sport Cup Final Special and even a Friday night prog titled Who'll Win The Cup.

I think the last really big final to capture the publics imagination was the Spurs Vs Coventry one back in the late 80's, which drew over 20 miilionn viewers. As we know, the largest ever viewing figures was for the Chelsea v Leeds replay which pulled in a huge 28 million. Might worth trying an evening kickoff again for a few years and see if it makes any difference to the numbers watching.

JaneB   
10 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Each pundit will be given a box of red coloured w****** tissues for the big red moments. 

( can I say w******...lets go with the german version.... "v****** just in case??)

No you can't.  Stop making my job difficult and making me look like an idiot Nobly, although you are very funny.