JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

9 minutes ago, JaneB said:

No you can't.  Stop making my job difficult and making me look like an idiot Nobly, although you are very funny.

Oh Jane how disappointing!! And no one would ever call you an idiot. But as long as the mental image has been implanted of the pundits doing their job, my work here is done. 

UP THE BLUES!!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Question of Sport Cup Final Special and even a Friday night prog titled Who'll Win The Cup.

I think the last really big final to capture the publics imagination was the Spurs Vs Coventry one back in the late 80's, which drew over 20 miilionn viewers. As we know, the largest ever viewing figures was for the Chelsea v Leeds replay which pulled in a huge 28 million. Might worth trying an evening kickoff again for a few years and see if it makes any difference to the numbers watching.

Yes remember all that, but was a bit too young to remember the famous finals with Leeds ...watched them back a few times. Final replays seem really strange now. I went to see Brighton v United at Wembley final in the 80s and it was a draw, and although I didn't particularly support Brighton it was a lot of excitement followed by a bit of an anti climax ( sorry Jane, my bad 😀).   

At least Farrah Williams is standing our corner on the BBC although they're still bulldozing their pro Liverpool agenda through.

Sciatika   
1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Ladies and Gentleman, it's a Blue Day!!!

Now even Heaven is blue today

• Like 3

JaneB   

Some nice messages from ex-Chelsea players on the club's official Facebook page, including the wonderful Cesc.  He's leaving Monaco this summer.  I wonder..... 

31 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Some nice messages from ex-Chelsea players on the club's official Facebook page, including the wonderful Cesc.  He's leaving Monaco this summer.  I wonder..... 

He should never have gone. 

• Like 1

On a train now to Wembley and feel really annoyed about this game, just knowing Mane will get to elbow who he wants and there will be a presumption of offside for everything we do, that we have to play the ref, VAR and a really good football team today. Would be absolutely delighted to see Mount shushing them all and lifting the cup, care much more about this than any FA Cup final since 1997.

Hearing Chelsea fans around the stadium are very subdued and the opposite of the other lots fans, which is disappointing but not surprising these days ☹️  Real shane our UK fans are so quiet (embarrassingly so at times, it has to be said) because I've seen videos of our fans watching games in countries in the Asia making a great noise.

Before a home game a couple of weeks ago there were numerous Chelsea fans outside the ground being asked by a news crew what they thought of the takeover. Most of the fans were from other countries with only one couple having London accents. Maybe having such a cosmopolitan group of home fans has something to do with this fan lethargy at games in London? Most of the scousers fans will have been born and bred in their erea and I do think that helps them being more vocal in their support.