JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

chelboy   
2 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Sadly, yet another big game where Lukaku has looked way, way short of the quality we need.  This game has made my mind up 100% now - he must be sold at any price we can get!

What was his role today? To chase down loose balls and run channels? It’s obvious he doesn’t have the engine to do that anymore. In these sort of games he needs Werner to do that for him. Lukaku has limitations but he also has strengths in which we seriously lack from our forwards. 

Blue Rod   
21 minutes ago, chelboy said:

He still looks like a DM playing CB at times. I’m not fully convinced yet. Guehi looks a level above imo. Apparently we haven’t lost a game in which he has started in though. 

Both players are good products of our academy, and we should support them. But Guehi impresses n so many ways - solid, good temperament, good feet on the ball, no nonsense. Chalobah may have the same array of skills, but there is a nervousness in him that I don't see in Guehi. 

I think for we need a good football person behind the scene at CFC. 

2 minutes ago, chelboy said:

What was his role today? To chase down loose balls and run channels? It’s obvious he doesn’t have the engine to do that anymore. In these sort of games he needs Werner to do that for him. Lukaku has limitations but he also has strengths in which we seriously lack from our forwards. 

Do we make those kind of excuses for poor performances from the genuine top class strikers?  It's the same thing every time from Lukaku when he faces a class team - he looks like a very, very average player who is nowhere near good enough for a top team in this country. He was exactly the same when he was at Utd, so that's 3 seasons of rubbish against the good teams.

Sell for 50-60 million and get his massive wages off the bill.