JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

GURJ SS   

It is what it is, we played well in spells but our indecisiveness cost us.

Dave didn't belong anywhere near the top 5 pen takers from our choices.

Mount never had the confidence in himself, just put it in the perfect place for the keeper.

The difference is all in confidence, some of their pens were just too high for Mendy to get to, we didn't have any confidence to even attempt to shoot that high.

Overall, we wasted our chance to win the game with our wasted chances to score within 90mins. We've got a lot of work to do over the summer, either these players step up or we've got to get more quality in, but the main thing we need to sort is our style of play; we're a reactive team and won't progressively pin a team back and bombard them with an onslaught, we just wait and wait until the opposition make a mistake and it allows us to attack. We only attack when the opposition does something to allow us, but we can't force them into making mistakes and just attack at will. That's either a tactical or quality issues...or both.

Edited by GURJ SS

JaneB   

It’s the hope that kills you, and I didn’t even dare hope for this one.

I’m so fed up with being disappointed.

And it had to be effing Liverpool AGAIN.

W***fest will know no bounds 🤮

I’m hibernating now until the season is over.

Come on guys and gals. Pens are a lottery and can go either way. We're just not having the best of them at the mo.

The team gave it everything and that is all any fan can or should ask for, so I can always take defeats like these against great teams. Time to be annoyed should be reserved for games when we don't turn up.

So long as we get top four, I'll be happy enough for us to have got that, two cup finals and unlucky to go out of the CL in the QF, in a season where we had absolutely everything go against us that could go against us and very little  go for us.

😊

chelboy   

Not going to blame players for missed pens. Rather pointless to do that. Anything can happen in pens. Just wish we could score goals freely. The way TT has used Lukaku today just disappointed me. He still doesn’t get him. If Werner wasn’t injured then it was ridiculous to not bring him on. Pulisic had our best chances unfortunately. Just not good enough. 

Floyd25   

Gotta get used to this club making life miserable all the time, all they do is let you down now, time and time again. Couldn’t care less about the last two games. 

Floyd25   
1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

So long as we get top four, I'll be happy enough for us to have got that

Man I remember when we used to have ambition, it’s sad.