JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

Holymoly   
9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Is that the consequence of playing 3 centre halves, despite of the opposition?

Partially, but equally I think it comes down to having midfielders with only one string to their bow. I think that is why Kante was played "out of position" for those years by expecting him to bomb forward where his reputation had been built up being a midfield enforcer. I think he was seen as being the most technically accomplished player in the squad that was capable of broadening his skill set. There's also the possibility that 4-4-2 could make a come back which could actually play into the hands of our existing squad. Of course that would be considered retrograde thinking today, but it will come back at some point I'm sure. At the end of the day you should be playing a formation that suits the players you have rather than trying to force players who have been coached into a position from 12 years old, to play in a position toatlly alien to them.

57 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.

Alex was a brilliant player for us.

I was not suggesting otherwise. Just that, if you try searching for any of our CBs in the last 20 years that you would pick Christensen over, the list is extremely short. As in pretty much zero short.

*unless I have forgotten anyone...

paulw66   
Just now, McCreadie said:

I was not suggesting otherwise. Just that, if you try searching for any of our CBs in the last 20 years that you would pick Christensen over, the list is extremely short. As in pretty much zero short.

*unless I have forgotten anyone...

I thought that is what you wanted to say, but if you read what you actually wrote, it makes it sound like you were saying Alex was worse than AC.

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I thought that is what you wanted to say, but if you read what you actually wrote, it makes it sound like you were saying Alex was worse than AC.

My bad.

What a very quick search did point out to me, was just how good our CBs have been throughout RAs time (and for a while before).

paulw66   
Just now, McCreadie said:

My bad.

What a very quick search did point out to me, was just how good our CBs have been throughout RAs time (and for a while before).

We have been blessed in that area..........

From JT and Gallas (who were both already here) to Carvalho, Alex, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Rudiger, Thiago........... even Zouma did a job. 

I expect Putin will withdraw once he realises Chelsea lost the FA Cup final and Ukraine won the Eurovision song contest , enough must surely be enough.

Floyd25   
2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Rather than a cordial thank you, they have to stick the knife in. They can't just be cordial and amicable. 

I’ve always found them impossible to debate with, they never debate, they just call you names like a child. 

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Floyd25 said:

I’ve always found them impossible to debate with, they never debate, they just call you names like a child. 

can you imagine the media frenzy if two Brentford players' families had been racially abused at SB? 

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Honestly , whatever ails Christensen he will not be missed one iota.

Not at all. I don't recall this at the time but one report quotes Maurizio Sarr when he was manager.

Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri said of the Dane in 2019: 'You know very well that Christensen on matchdays always has stomach ache.

'I don't know the reason but he is always very nervous. I don't know what to say.'

Floyd25   
1 hour ago, VA96 said:

people brought up in surburbs of London booing the national anthem

A Londoner supporting Liverpool should be a jail sentence surely.