JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

Floyd25   
4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

can you imagine the media frenzy if two Brentford players' families had been racially abused at SB? 

Oh I know, meanwhile Liverpool wore t-shirts supporting Suarez after he racially abused Evra. 

Chrisb   
4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

can you imagine the media frenzy if two Brentford players' families had been racially abused at SB? 

Indeed and add to that the fireworks let off at 3am outside the away teams hotel (again) and we would be getting slaughtered by all and sundry.

11 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

They have far more than their fare share. And the hilarious thing is they like to point fingers at other clubs. 

They have a sickening and staggering level of arrogance and hypocrisy.

A genuine hatred and intolerance of anyone who doesn't think like they do. Spend their days shouting to the world about what nice, tolerant,  caring people they are and in the same breath slaughtering anyone and anything that isn't on their side. 

Say things about England and its people that they would never dare say about anyother country. Likewise about Christians - snooker player Shaun Murphy gets it off them for being a ****ing Christian.

I'm not a flag waver, Christian or Royalist, but I like to live and let live and respect those who are. Simple  rule to live by imho.

19 hours ago, chara said:

Everything I have been thinking has been covered on this forum and the conclusions pretty consistent give or take a few names.

The quoted post is a snapshot of those opinions and is an accurate summing up as any.

My only addition is that I really feel the four players listed have just had their last chance season...there is no ugly duckling in that bunch just needing (more) time to become a swan.

RLC and CHO had really bad injuries and I doubt now that the potential we all dreamed of will ever be fulfilled,sad though it maybe (even tragic) Puli Ziyech and Werner?,,squad players at best ,,,not consistently good enough, better moved on...anyone really think they should stay?

No need for me to list the deadwood....but with the exception of Silva...another season at best as a stabilising figure...the ageing players need to be moved sooner rather than later,reward Azpi and Alonso with a chance to go home and see out their careers in the sun..both great servants of Chelsea and will always be Chelsea in our memories.

Vague afterthoughts....AC in some ways seemed to have the TC syndrome,,Chelsea owe me,,,not the other way around and Rudi for all his application and effort always felt to me like a mercenary...playing for the badge but not of the badge,,,same could be said for a few others!

Interesting times ahead.

re the four "ugly ducklings"😀

I can see your point on all four.

However Maybe it's wrong to think this way, but being Chelsea lads, I do want us to give RLC and CHO that bit of extra time we might not give to others. I want to make sure they are not going to make it here before we let them go, though I happen to believe RLC has already done enough to warrant a place in the squad.

I also believe Puli is tantalisingly close to becoming a match winner for us. Not only is his body now holding up to physical side of the game (he's taken a lot of hard tackles this season)  but he is now getting into dangerous/ goal scoring positions  far more frequently now. So many times he's been literally inches away from being on the end of tap in, only to be denied by good defending, we saw it again on Saturday( this shows he's reading the play, and doing that far better than Lukaku) And then there's all those shots which keeping going just the wrong side of the woodwork.

If his body still wasn't holding up and he wasn't getting himself into such good positions, then I would be more worried and agree that his time here is up.

I would have no objection to Werner leaving, but as I said, we can't get rid of everyone in one season.

paulw66   
2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I would have no objection to Werner leaving, but as I said, we can't get rid of everyone in one season.

all of our forwards (Mount aside) you could make a case for moving on, but we have to be realistic.

In terms of just pure bodies in the squad, we need to sign 2 centre backs, a back up wing back, and depending on what happens with the midfield (Kovacic is probably the one of the current lot who will definitely stay) then probably a central midfielder.  That's 3 or 4 players before you look at the forwards. 

We are not going to be moving on more than 2 at most, otherwise there is too much to do (that would be 6 players in already). For me, it would be 2 from Werner, Ziyech, Lukaku (but I don't see us being able to move Lukaku on), which leaves the other 2. 

3 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Oh I know, meanwhile Liverpool wore t-shirts supporting Suarez after he racially abused Evra. 

World champions at hypocrisy! They say that everyone single person who has supported the club or worked for the club under Roman is absolute scum... now who did their rather good Egyptian fella play for at one time?  

49 minutes ago, Ruudboy said:

Dear oh dear …. 

Don't know whether to laugh or despair ... One bloke shouting "come here" while visibly himself stepping back, the other waiting until the doors are safely shut to yell abuse. Not that I especially want to see violence, but running your mouth when the cheques will bounce is just pathetic. 

The Liverpool fan I briefly chatted to on the way home was infuriatingly magnanimous. 

Ruudboy   

Mine was equally 'nice' about the result. Even when I pointed out they'll need a bit of luck and 6 goals against Southampton to win the league. Still, it's possible: I wouldn't want to spoil the thoughts of a quadruple ...

6 hours ago, Holymoly said:

No, I don't think the problem comes from a toothless forward line. I believe the toothlessness arises in midfield resulting in the opposition defense being able to concentrate on our forwards. What we need is a threat originating further back on the pitch to allow more space to our forwards.

Maybe its both. But our forwards are toothless. Name one that isn't? You named a few there from the past....Jimmy F, Gudjonsen , Drogba, Vialli, lets add Costa, hell lets add Giroud!!. They had teeth. Ours are all gums.