JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

Floyd25   

5C9FD7FE-80C4-4D83-A307-0C5CD77D7EE8.thumb.jpeg.e1b223f28ee37ea60fb384d0fb38c88d.jpeg

Same old poor little me nonsense, the only people who are struggling apparently. Anyway that’s the last I’m saying about them, they make me ill. 

6 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Said the fans wouldn't boo if there wasn't a good reason for it.

Once you're in the cult it's very difficult to get out again. 

Sciatika   
5 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

5C9FD7FE-80C4-4D83-A307-0C5CD77D7EE8.thumb.jpeg.e1b223f28ee37ea60fb384d0fb38c88d.jpeg

Same old poor little me nonsense, the only people who are struggling apparently. Anyway that’s the last I’m saying about them, they make me ill. 

I have no doubt people are struggling in Liverpool, as they are all over the country. I am unclear how their actions seek to help in the matter. After the arrest of the mayor, Joe Anderson and other council officials, on allegations of fraud, bribery, witness intimidation, corruption and misconduct in public office, commissioners were sent in and the council was found to have a shortfall of about £33m. Since then, a new Labour administration has come in. However, a series of bad decisions and mistakes means that taxpayers will now have to pay additional energy costs of nearly £5 million for council offices and other buildings. In addition, city schools will also have to pay millions in additional bills. Maybe the focus of their ire could be a little closer to home.

• Like 1

Ham   
6 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

It's a good thing poverty only exists in one city in the UK.  

16 minutes ago, Ham said:

It's a good thing poverty only exists in one city in the UK.  

And it's nice to know that whatever troubles they find themselves they can still afford a day out at Wembley and the associated costs .

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And it's nice to know that whatever troubles they find themselves they can still afford a day out at Wembley and the associated costs .

Well I think its due to most of the supporters having claimed personal injury compensation at one time in their life. Liverpool city still remains the UK capital for compensation claims. Those paving slabs just keep lifting themselves up. And apparently the national average for an injury claim after a car collision is 30%.... In Liverpool its 55%. So that's all of us paying for their day out. It appears you don't actually have to live in Liverpool to be robbed by its residents. 

JaneB   

If I recall rightly an Everton supporter I know (he's lovely!!) told me that only 11% of Liverpool season ticket holders actually live in the city.  Must prove something although I'm not sure what as they all seem as bad as each other with the 'woe is me' stuff.

16 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Klopp has now defended the booing.😟 

I've just watched the clip from the interview, and he neither defends it or says they wouldn't have booed without a "good reason for it", as you later claim. He says he didn't enjoy it, he doesn't really understand the reasons for it, and to understand the reason Liverpool supporters booed you would have to ask them. It's really diplomatic, uncontroversial stuff from someone clearly toeing the line between not throwing his supporters under the bus and not being the foreigner (a German, no less!) giving the big thumbs up to bashing the monarchy. 

I absolutely hate Liverpool FC and have no particular love for Klopp, but I do think we have a tendency here to obsess and project a bit more about them than is strictly healthy. It's what they want and think is the way the world should be, focused on them, and I choose to not play into that.

I can't say I cared too much about them booing. I'm no fan of the monarchy or any reverence for them and personally chose to sit and not sing along rather than boo when the anthem comes on, but who am I to tell people what they should or shouldn't believe in any more than they are to tell me and what damage does booing really do to anyone?

Edited by thevelourfog

chara   
4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Thanks Mark...saved me posting it!

JaneB   
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I've just watched the clip from the interview, and he neither defends it or says they wouldn't have booed without a "good reason for it", as you later claim. He says he didn't enjoy it, he doesn't really understand the reasons for it, and to understand the reason Liverpool supporters booed you would have to ask them. It's really diplomatic, uncontroversial stuff from someone clearly toeing the line between not throwing his supporters under the bus and not being the foreigner (a German, no less!) giving the big thumbs up to bashing the monarchy. 

I absolutely hate Liverpool FC and have no particular love for Klopp, but I do think we have a tendency here to obsess and project a bit more about them than is strictly healthy. It's what they want and think is the way the world should be, focused on them, and I choose to not play into that.

I can't say I cared too much about them booing. I'm no fan of the monarchy or any reverence for them and personally chose to sit and not sing along rather than boo when the anthem comes on, but who am I to tell people what they should or shouldn't believe in any more than they are to tell me and what damage does booing really do to anyone?

Hope this doesn't sound patronising but I always enjoy your posts and think you're a real asset on here.  I don't always agree with you but you are eloquent and articulate and state your views without resorting to personal abuse and seem ready to listen to other opinions.

I don't agree with taking the knee any more but I wouldn't boo the gesture.  It's interesting though that those cheering Liverpool fans for booing the National Anthem etc. will be ready to call anyone who boos taking the knee as racists.

I'll be laughed off here for saying this, but isn't it about manners?  Boo politicians all you like, they deserve it, but the National Anthem and thereby The Queen, and Prince William?  Really?  If you don't like them then just keep quiet.

The same fans who were lauded for singing their anthem to Ronaldo a few weeks ago will be back abusing him next season if he returns to Anfield.

Everything is so polarised these days and I hate it.  

• Thanks 1