JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

Recommended Posts

Ham   
21 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well I watch a bit of Arsenal TV for a laugh and they are certainly entitled,  but not afraid to rip their team/coach/players to pieces after a bad result. But with them, the good times are always waiting just around the corner. Ask one now what they think they will do next year. On will go the rose tinted spectacles.

They proved this week that they couldn't cope with 60 games a season. They've run out of steam/spine after 40 games. 

Deluded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2022 at 10:30 AM, boratsbrother said:

🤮

1 -  Without it, our country would have rolled over  in 1939.

2 - If the """" ever hits the fan again, would you refuse to do National Service?

3 - On a more trivial point. Doesn't your views make the World Cup and all international sport pointless and meangingless to you?

4 -  I also ask this about Liverpool fans. How can you want Chelsea to be champions of a country which means next to nothing to you? 

5 - What would Samuel Johnson say about someone who can love something as relatively trivial as football club but not love the country they were born and bred in?

1. There was a lot more in play than just patriotism though wasn't there? Conscription, court for those that objected, social stigma and the white feather movement for those who tried to avoid it, executions of those deemed to be cowards and just pure self interest of not wanting to Nazis to reach them and their families.

2. Depends entirely on the circumstances. Given an opportunity I would leave the country with my family safely without a second thought before dying for arbitrary borders or a flag. You can be certain that the toffs at the top of modern Britian certainly wouldn't be haning around the way Zelensky did in Ukraine. If that wasn't an option or whatever threat would likely follow wherever we went eventually then I would do what I need to protect my family.

3. International sport is meaningless to me. My only real tie to the England team is seeing any Chelsea players do well. 

4. I want them to win the league. That is the competition that is set out in front of us. I'd want us to win it whether it was in its current format or had teams from other countries in it. I'd want to win the league all the same if we were relegated and were playing Championship football next season. I want Chelsea to beat our rivals, my mate's teams and be successful - national pride plays no part in it for me. 

5. A country is just the place you were born and to me that is arbitrary. Chelsea is what I do. At times in my life it has given me purpose and it has given me countless special memories. I chose Chelsea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FrankLampard8 said:

1. There was a lot more in play than just patriotism though wasn't there? Conscription, court for those that objected, social stigma and the white feather movement for those who tried to avoid it, executions of those deemed to be cowards and just pure self interest of not wanting to Nazis to reach them and their families.

2. Depends entirely on the circumstances. Given an opportunity I would leave the country with my family safely without a second thought before dying for arbitrary borders or a flag. You can be certain that the toffs at the top of modern Britian certainly wouldn't be haning around the way Zelensky did in Ukraine. If that wasn't an option or whatever threat would likely follow wherever we went eventually then I would do what I need to protect my family.

3. International sport is meaningless to me. My only real tie to the England team is seeing any Chelsea players do well. 

4. I want them to win the league. That is the competition that is set out in front of us. I'd want us to win it whether it was in its current format or had teams from other countries in it. I'd want to win the league all the same if we were relegated and were playing Championship football next season. I want Chelsea to beat our rivals, my mate's teams and be successful - national pride plays no part in it for me. 

5. A country is just the place you were born and to me that is arbitrary. Chelsea is what I do. At times in my life it has given me purpose and it has given me countless special memories. I chose Chelsea. 

Thank you for your very honest reply, even though I couldn't be further apart on this issue.

Its not actually about "the flag". It's about the countries people, past and present. Our history, culture, achievements and what we've given to the world and what we stand for.

As for fighting in wars. There a difference between  ones that are worth fighting and dying for and ones that are not. No way in hell would I support, let alone fight in war like the one in Iraq. But I have to say shame on anyone who would run away and not stand and fight to the death against something as monstrous as Nazi Germany.

As for what you said about Chelsea. Of course, taken on its own, following a local club football team isn't what patriotism is about.  But football as a whole is a part of our of culture and another thing we gave to the world. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Thank you for your very honest reply, even though I couldn't be further apart on this issue.

Its not actually about "the flag". It's about the countries people, past and present. Our history, culture, achievements and what we've given to the world and what we stand for.

As for fighting in wars. There a difference between  ones that are worth fighting and dying for and ones that are not. No way in hell would I support, let alone fight in war like the one in Iraq. But I have to say shame on anyone who would run away and not stand and fight to the death against something as monstrous as Nazi Germany.

As for what you said about Chelsea. Of course, taken on its own, following a local club football team isn't what patriotism is about.  But football as a whole is a part of our of culture and another thing we gave to the world.

 

I didn't know you were Chinese  😉



(look up tsu'chu)



One thing we know the Chinese didn't invent was custard... try eating that with chopsticks!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/05/2022 at 3:36 AM, Floyd25 said:

16 points better in the league, harsh reality, we can match them in one off games, but that’s counted for nothing. We have players who want out, players in decline and players who aren’t good enough, sure they’ve had to face uncertainty at the club, but that doesn’t change that fact.

 

When they didn't have van dijk they suffered, so when we stopped having James and chilwell we suffered. Our decline started then as they were fundamental to the way we played. Had we kept both of those we would not be so far behind and we would not have lost both cups. The difference is the missing players as it was for them last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Floyd25   
4 hours ago, exiledblue said:

When they didn't have van dijk they suffered, so when we stopped having James and chilwell we suffered. Our decline started then as they were fundamental to the way we played. Had we kept both of those we would not be so far behind and we would not have lost both cups. The difference is the missing players as it was for them last season. 

Agree with you to a certain extent, but our problems stretch further than that in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ro61   
On 18/05/2022 at 10:30 AM, boratsbrother said:

🤮

1 -  Without it, our country would have rolled over  in 1939.

2 - If the """" ever hits the fan again, would you refuse to do National Service?

3 - On a more trivial point. Doesn't your views make the World Cup and all international sport pointless and meangingless to you?

4 -  I also ask this about Liverpool fans. How can you want Chelsea to be champions of a country which means next to nothing to you? 

5 - What would Samuel Johnson say about someone who can love something as relatively trivial as football club but not love the country they were born and bred in?

 

 

1 - I am not part of your country,so you can take your tin hat off.

2 - not applicable,but on national service I am all in favour.

3 - what is "meaningless" is standing rigid to a song that glorifies someone that has no meaning other than they were born into wealth and privilege. 

4 - see 1.

5 - you can love a country you were born in,but you can also love a country you live and die in.I reckon Samuel would agree with me, in what I have read about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now