JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

Pulisic and Lukaku have surely played themselves into a starting spot for this?

I’d personally like to see RLC start as well, but I can’t see Tuchel going for anything other than Jorginho and Kante now that Kovacic is out.

Silva has had his weeks rest ahead of this, which is great, Azpi has as well but in his current form I’m not sure how guaranteed his place is… that said, starting Chalobah would be a big gamble in a game like this, purely because he’s barely played recently.

14 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Pulisic and Lukaku have surely played themselves into a starting spot for this?

I’d personally like to see RLC start as well, but I can’t see Tuchel going for anything other than Jorginho and Kante now that Kovacic is out.

Silva has had his weeks rest ahead of this, which is great, Azpi has as well but in his current form I’m not sure how guaranteed his place is… that said, starting Chalobah would be a big gamble in a game like this, purely because he’s barely played recently.

Well, I was hoping for some players to prove to TT that they really wanted to play in the Cup Final and for me , Lukaku , Pulisic and Chalobah have done enough , I think TC is hugely underrated by many , I think he's a great young player , personally , I'd like to see him start and get a winners medal rather than Christensen who's off to Barca anyway .

Azpi has to start , hopefully he's fully rested as he needs it , I expect we'll see Kante and Jorgi in midfield which is as good as we can wish for given the injury to Kova.

Lukaku , I pray has turned a corner and is , dare I whisper it , looking to be the handful we thought he would be up front which bodes well for the future , unless he's merely putting himself in the shop window , which is fine if it means top four and an FA Cup medal.

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well, I was hoping for some players to prove to TT that they really wanted to play in the Cup Final and for me , Lukaku , Pulisic and Chalobah have done enough , I think TC is hugely underrated by many , I think he's a great young player , personally , I'd like to see him start and get a winners medal rather than Christensen who's off to Barca anyway .

Azpi has to start , hopefully he's fully rested as he needs it , I expect we'll see Kante and Jorgi in midfield which is as good as we can wish for given the injury to Kova.

Lukaku , I pray has turned a corner and is , dare I whisper it , looking to be the handful we thought he would be up front which bodes well for the future , unless he's merely putting himself in the shop window , which is fine if it means top four and an FA Cup medal.

Agree about Chalobah, I think he’s a very good player, but if Azpi starts then he doesn’t. Silva and Rudiger definitely going to be the other 2.

Lukaku has started to show glimpses of what he could be, however it is still only glimpses for me, he still doesn’t look close to a £100m player. That said, if he can put the ball in the back of the net on a consistent basis, that will do for me.

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Agree about Chalobah, I think he’s a very good player, but if Azpi starts then he doesn’t. Silva and Rudiger definitely going to be the other 2.

Lukaku has started to show glimpses of what he could be, however it is still only glimpses for me, he still doesn’t look close to a £100m player. That said, if he can put the ball in the back of the net on a consistent basis, that will do for me.

Rudi can sit this one out for Trevoh , he's another one going to La Liga so he can go without a medal , lol. 

You don't have to play to get a medal but the the way things are going if we leave everyone out who won't be here next season then there won't be any winners medals anyway. 

I'm not sure last night changes much in my opinion. Obviously Alonso hasn't burned any bridges so he has to play. Maybe Trev now that he has some minutes under his belt? You can only beat what is in front of you but Leeds are a disaster and a easy win against 10 men doesn't do much to change my opnion on most of this lot. There was still some poor finishing and decision making on display from the front lads - we should have won by 4, 5 or 6 really. 

paulw66   

It doesn't matter who is going or staying, you pick a team that gives you the best chance of winning the final.

Rudiger is absolutely in that team. Probably with Silva and Azpi. 

I like Chalobah but he has made a few errors, including one against Liverpool. 

@paulw66 100% agree. Play your strongest team... so Rudiger starts. I've not seen any signs that he's 'going through the motions'. He'll give his all to the very last second of his last game for us.

22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It doesn't matter who is going or staying, you pick a team that gives you the best chance of winning the final.

Rudiger is absolutely in that team. Probably with Silva and Azpi. 

I like Chalobah but he has made a few errors, including one against Liverpool. 

Chalobah had a good game in the previous final, started shakily (probably nerves), but he was very solid thereafter. 

But I am definitely with you on who the starting 3 need to be. Experience all the way for this kind of stage. 

JaneB   

Time and time again over the years the overwhelming favourites haven't actually ended up winning the Cup Final.  I'm hoping against hope that this is the case on Saturday but it would seem too good to be true.