JaneB

Sale agreed of Chelsea FC to consortium led by Todd Boehly

The story continues , thankyou Roman for doing what you had to to keep the club alive , you've been a wonderful owner and are writ large in the history of Chelsea football club .

Thankyou .

And welcome Todd 

Onwards and upwards. 

Thanks Roman for everything you have done for our club, I hope one day you will come back to Stamford Bridge to receive the gratitude of the fan base.

Welcome Todd and let the new era begin.

Au revoir to the best owner a fan could have ever wished for. Unprecedented success over an 18/19 year period, with seemingly no other wish than for ‘his club’ to be successful. 

Not only the obvious success for the mens team, but also the ladies team and our world-class academy.

It’s a hard act to follow, welcome to our club and over to you Todd & Co.

My suspicion is that we’ll get worse before we get better and genuinely challenge for PL titles again, but it will be very interesting to see how the new owners go about their business. 

Marquee signing time, to announce their arrival??

Ruudboy   
26 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

A slogan first used on the coronation of King Charles VII of France ("the Victorious"), who recovered Paris in 1436 and reconquered Normandy in the 1440s using a newly organized professional army and advanced siege cannons.

Sounds a promising augur to me - looking forward to the newly organised professional army, let alone those siege cannons!

chara   
30 minutes ago, Ruudboy said:

A slogan first used on the coronation of King Charles VII of France ("the Victorious"), who recovered Paris in 1436 and reconquered Normandy in the 1440s using a newly organized professional army and advanced siege cannons.

Sounds a promising augur to me - looking forward to the newly organised professional army, let alone those siege cannons!

According to the Media those siege cannons still in use in Paris for crowd control !

Edited by chara
  • Haha 1

If we are to take everything as it seems, Roman has handed it over graciously at great personal cost and Todd is saying all the right things about ambition and wanting to build on a solid base. Would like to hear some words directly from his mouth now.

Will be interesting to see the difference in the dynamics of communication going forwards. Most owners are best when occasionally seen and not heard, much as Roman has been for 20 years. Not sure it needs to be quite to the extent that he took it though!

paulw66   

I see the online megastore is back in business, so if you want to spend 85 quid on a shirt the club will never wear again, then feel free. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I see the online megastore is back in business, so if you want to spend 85 quid on a shirt the club will never wear again, then feel free. 

I see all these lists - "The 5 Things Chelsea's New Owners Must Do" type of articles - and while getting a couple of CBs in pronto and sorting out other ins and outs is imperative, the one thing that all these supposed journalists and bloggers ignore is the necessity to find new shirt sponsors for next season. Boehly was clear that not only would he be looking at increasing revenue streams in general, he dropped a pretty big hint that he wasn't at all impressed with the way 3 dropped us.