JaneB

Sale agreed of Chelsea FC to consortium led by Todd Boehly

Rob B   
16 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I see all these lists - "The 5 Things Chelsea's New Owners Must Do" type of articles - and while getting a couple of CBs in pronto and sorting out other ins and outs is imperative, the one thing that all these supposed journalists and bloggers ignore is the necessity to find new shirt sponsors for next season. Boehly was clear that not only would he be looking at increasing revenue streams in general, he dropped a pretty big hint that he wasn't at all impressed with the way 3 dropped us.

London is Blue did a decent podcast with Matt Law last week where they talked about Todd’s and Clearlake’s immediate priorities.  Was quite interesting.  Matt seemed to think the three most pressing were (in no particular order):

1.) Staffing / structure (sanctions meant that contractors were laid off and megastore was closed down and therefore lots of HR issues to resolve etc) - also, who sits on the new board, what is their role etc 

2.) Sponsorship - the Three deal only has a year left and therefore we would be re-tendering this summer regardless apparently - let alone the fact they dropped us like a stone! 

3.) Player recruitment 

Ham   
2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I see all these lists - "The 5 Things Chelsea's New Owners Must Do" type of articles - and while getting a couple of CBs in pronto and sorting out other ins and outs is imperative, the one thing that all these supposed journalists and bloggers ignore is the necessity to find new shirt sponsors for next season. Boehly was clear that not only would he be looking at increasing revenue streams in general, he dropped a pretty big hint that he wasn't at all impressed with the way 3 dropped us.

Not sure if this has just happened or if their details were removed a few months ago but the sanctions are over and they're not there and neither are Hyundai. Good riddance I say. A big 3 was a shite design anyway.  

Screenshot_20220531-211239_Chrome.jpg

@Ham 

The 3 and Hyundai logos, bar those on the shirts (which we all know we couldn't remove because under the terms of the sanctions we couldn't order new shirts from Nike) were removed from the web site, other media, Stamford Bridge, etc shortly after both companies requested that they no longer wished to be associated with the club. The background at press conferences still had the logos, but I presume that's because we couldn't get new boards printed without those two logos, but we were still obligated to have Budweiser and whoever else's logos on view.

Ham   
12 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

@Ham 

The 3 and Hyundai logos, bar those on the shirts (which we all know we couldn't remove because under the terms of the sanctions we couldn't order new shirts from Nike) were removed from the web site, other media, Stamford Bridge, etc shortly after both companies requested that they no longer wished to be associated with the club. The background at press conferences still had the logos, but I presume that's because we couldn't get new boards printed without those two logos, but we were still obligated to have Budweiser and whoever else's logos on view.

Cheers. I read something today on twitter about 3 having been binned early by the club.  Interesting to see who replaces them. 

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Cheers. I read something today on twitter about 3 having been binned early by the club.  Interesting to see who replaces them. 

As @Rob B rightly points out above, 2022-23 was to have been our last with 3 as the main sponsor, so there would have been some work going on in the commercial department this summer come what may... they'll just have to work twice as hard now!

Sciatika   
10 hours ago, Ham said:

A big 3 was a shite design anyway.  

Remember when we moaned about Yoko-whatever tyres and the red splash.  The 3-logo made that look positively classy.

ROTG   
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Remember when we moaned about Yoko-whatever tyres and the red splash.  The 3-logo made that look positively classy.

Bring back Coors &  Umbro

Sciatika   

As long as we don't go for that orange and grey thing.