JaneB

Sale agreed of Chelsea FC to consortium led by Todd Boehly

13 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Marina undone some of her good work with the Lukaku fee and wages. Still thank her for her years of service and wish her all the best for the future.

I think there was a lot of pressure there as everyone was screaming for a CF and there was not a lot out there so you end up paying over the odds. Hopefully we learn and dont but players performing well in the poor serie a believing them to be the best in class

56 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Read or maybe heard they had asked her to stay as she was so good but I guess she felt a clean break was best

I suspect they would want her to stay short-term, given the groundwork that would already have been done for this summer prior to the sanctions. However, I would be surprised if they had wanted her to stay for years and years though.

Most businesses, when taken over by new owners, tend to see changes at the top fairly swiftly after any transitional period, and in this case we need to factor in the fact that Abramovich felt forced to sell due to the sanctions imposed on him and his businesses and her close, long-term, business relationship with him. While Granovskaia avoided any sanctions herself, there have been rumblings from within HMG that nobody linked to the previous owner (ie Buck and Granovskaia) should remain under the new owners.

My gut feeling is that they asked her to stay for a while (maybe until the close of the January window?) but she's possibly decided just to see through the summer window. Either way, I honestly don't believe she was wanted for the long-term.

Ruudboy   

Normal business practice is for new owners to let things run on for the rest of the financial year, and then make changes, which makes it a bit uncomfortable for the incumbent management team. Most sensible managers make plans to jump ship the moment new ownership looms. I know I did ...

MG has been  RA  advisor since the 90's growing ever closer and now for many years part of his most trusted inner circle. I very much doubt RA would want to lose her 

Chances are she will follow the boss and move onto another one of his companies. 

Holymoly   

It occurred to me the other day that for all the criticism of our club for being one that sacked its manager's with ruthless enthusiasm the Boehly consortium are only the fourth owners that Chelsea FC have had:

The Mears family - 1905 - 1982

Ken Bates - 1982 - 2003

Roman Abramovich - 2003 - 2022

Todd Boehly - 2022 - ?

Big shoes to follow certainly.

14 minutes ago, Ham said:

I saw this earlier.  Tommy T was excellent I thought. 

Excellent stuff , most amusing , I am really grateful Trivago stood by us too when many didn't . 

I'm a bit surprised at a few things that haven't happened since the takeover, would have thought season ticket renewals would have been opened pretty sharpish!

VA96   
30 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I'm a bit surprised at a few things that haven't happened since the takeover, would have thought season ticket renewals would have been opened pretty sharpish!

I thought this too - they're normally the week after the season ends with a deadline of 2/3 weeks right? Then new member applications 2 weeks after the deadline or so? 

I guess they need to sort out what they're doing with Westview and the West Upper ST holders which is a big task. 

Also haven't seen anything about the ticket prices, normally get an announcement saying they're frozen in April (albeit would've meant nothing as didn't have an owner)

Hopefully hear some news soon