JaneB

Sale agreed of Chelsea FC to consortium led by Todd Boehly

Ruudboy   
1 hour ago, VA96 said:

"Chelsea will keep the price of season tickets not affected by the west stand plans frozen at levels that have not changed for around a decade, the people said, asking not to be identified discussing confidential information."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-08/new-chelsea-fc-owners-face-early-fan-test-over-ticket-pricing

Well, that's a relief!

Floyd25   

Absolute non story in the telegraph about a risk of an FFP investigation, they can’t stop writing nonsense about us for 5 minutes. 

Rob B   
6 hours ago, Kezza said:

Is Marina still key to running the show in this new setup

There hasn’t been any official announcement like there has with Guy Laurence (CEO) or Eugene Tenebaum who is no longer a company director (as per companies house) 

That said, I think it’s inevitable that Todd Boehly will be a lot more hands on this summer and to use your phrase “running the show” currently.  It is widely reported he has already had several meetings with Tuchel and Emma Hayes.  

A bit further down the line, I’m pretty sure Marina will be gone and the new owners will get their own people in.  The one I’m more interested in is what happens with Petr Cech?  I haven’t seen a single thing in the media about his role moving forward…

Ruudboy   
58 minutes ago, Rob B said:

There hasn’t been any official announcement like there has with Guy Laurence (CEO)

Missed that one - is he staying or going?

17 minutes ago, Ruudboy said:

I don't recall seeing anything officially announced, but in the run up to the takeover there were two or three similar articles elsewhere...

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2022/5/28/23145175/chelsea-ceo-guy-laurence-to-step-down-report

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Rob B said:

There hasn’t been any official announcement like there has with Guy Laurence (CEO) or Eugene Tenebaum who is no longer a company director (as per companies house) 

31 minutes ago, Ruudboy said:

12 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I don't recall seeing anything officially announced, but in the run up to the takeover there were two or three similar articles elsewhere...

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2022/5/28/23145175/chelsea-ceo-guy-laurence-to-step-down-report

The "only a pound" chap who runs the CFC Fanzine tweeted last week that he was going, and he wasn't hiding his delight. 

Sciatika   

TBH, of the existing directors, GL must be the most likely to go after Tannenbaum. Of course, they will all probably go in the next year or two, apart from David Barnard, maybe. It is more of a case of when. As I said before, I expect MG to stay until the end of the transfer window and Buck until Xmas or next Summer. DB has an important role in dealing with the bureaucracy of the various competitions and has been around since before RA. He was at Wimbledon for a long time before they moved to Milton Keynes. He must be in his 60s now at least. They might seek to downgrade the role, I suppose.  Petr Cech is a different problem. The new owners seem to be asking TT to have increased responsibility, so we should ask whether a DoF is necessary. However, TT says he works well with PC (and MG) so maybe they keep him on for now and see how it goes.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

TBH, of the existing directors, GL must be the most likely to go after Tannenbaum. Of course, they will all probably go in the next year or two, apart from David Barnard, maybe. It is more of a case of when. As I said before, I expect MG to stay until the end of the transfer window and Buck until Xmas or next Summer. DB has an important role in dealing with the bureaucracy of the various competitions and has been around since before RA. He was at Wimbledon for a long time before they moved to Milton Keynes. He must be in his 60s now at least. They might seek to downgrade the role, I suppose.  Petr Cech is a different problem. The new owners seem to be asking TT to have increased responsibility, so we should ask whether a DoF is necessary. However, TT says he works well with PC (and MG) so maybe they keep him on for now and see how it goes.

There was talk about having a former player on the board, and I know names like John Terry and Michael Ballack have been bandied about, but Cech must surely be in the mix given his current position?

• Like 1

Kezza   

Pity if Marina isn’t retained. She has been everything good that’s happened to the club from romans era recently.