JaneB

Sale agreed of Chelsea FC to consortium led by Todd Boehly

Ruudboy   

Asked around, and I understand that Guy Laurence announced his retirement at Christmas, prior to sanctions and sale. He agreed to stay until the sale was complete and has now left.

bert19   
20 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

There was talk about having a former player on the board, and I know names like John Terry and Michael Ballack have been bandied about, but Cech must surely be in the mix given his current position?

I’d certainly hope so. He’s been a great servant for us, would love to see him continue. He’s also a super bright guy, it would be good to see the club continue to put that to use

VA96   

Seems like Richarlison could be available for the right price, same age as Jesus (25) and has a bit of Costa about him 

RDCW   
17 minutes ago, VA96 said:

Seems like Richarlison could be available for the right price, same age as Jesus (25) and has a bit of Costa about him 

But with more than a touch of knobhead. 

Bison   
17 hours ago, Kezza said:

Pity if Marina isn’t retained. She has been everything good that’s happened to the club from romans era recently. 

Laughable.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, VA96 said:

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

But with more than a touch of knobhead. 

This would be awful.

All the dives and cheating he gets away with now, he wouldn't for a second playing for us. 

39 open play goals from 4 seasons, at one every 287 minutes*. 

Absolute no from me. 

* for context, Pulisic averages a PL goal every 250 minutes for us since signing

bert19   
29 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

This would be awful.

All the dives and cheating he gets away with now, he wouldn't for a second playing for us. 

Absolute no from me. 

* for context, Pulisic averages a PL goal every 250 minutes for us since signing

Definite air of us signing a player because they’ve turned up against us a few times, rather than considering if they’re actually right for our team - it’s not gone great in the past that philosophy (Torres springs to mind)

57 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Definite air of us signing a player because they’ve turned up against us a few times, rather than considering if they’re actually right for our team - it’s not gone great in the past that philosophy (Torres springs to mind)

I think that happened with Salah... he is pretty tidy albeit not for us! Not that I'm advocating we sign Richarlison in the slightest. 

RDCW   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

This would be awful.

Absolute no from me. 

Yes. For some reason the media talk him up, but I don't rate him as a prolific, or even effective forward and I hate his behaviour.