JaneB

Sale agreed of Chelsea FC to consortium led by Todd Boehly

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Richarlison has a goal or assist every 180 minutes for Everton and one every 105 minutes for Brazil. Pretty impressive stats if you ask me.

I've not seen much of him the last couple of years, I refuse to watch them unless they play us but I used to think he had the potential to go to one of the top, elite clubs and do well for himself.

Conte could turn him into an absolute monster.

Lukaku has a good record playing for lower level teams. 

Also, with respect to South American football, the standard over there at the moment is not all that, so goals against moderate teams in friendlies and qualifying games is not really worth taking that much notice of.

paulw66   
13 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

For me he'd be the best wide player in an attacking position by a country mile if we signed him. He's got everything we need from our wide players. One would do well to remember he's playing for an awful side. 

12 hours ago, blueandproud said:

Richarlison is crap IMO.  Everton is his true level.  Only turns up when he fancies it, and bottles it in away games against the likes of Southampton.  Leave him where he is, or let a mid-table outfit waste their money on that donkey.  What's he actually ever done?  Even Lukaku is better than him as far as I'm concerned.  1 good game in 10 does not make Richarlison a good player, he'd be an even bigger waste of money than Pogba.

12 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Richarlison has a goal or assist every 180 minutes for Everton and one every 105 minutes for Brazil. Pretty impressive stats if you ask me.

I've not seen much of him the last couple of years, I refuse to watch them unless they play us but I used to think he had the potential to go to one of the top, elite clubs and do well for himself.

Conte could turn him into an absolute monster.

Funny how we all see it differently!

paulw66   

Anyone heard anything on ST renewals? 

Would be good to know what is happening. You'd have thought that was an absolute priority 

Ruudboy   

Nothing on the website … agreed, you’d have thought they would be a priority. Maybe our new owner wants the accounting systems to align with his corporate standard? That could take a while …

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Funny how we all see it differently!

This is why when the much heralded "voice for supporters" was mentioned in the sale of the club I said it was a recipe for disaster. 

6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

This is why when the much heralded "voice for supporters" was mentioned in the sale of the club I said it was a recipe for disaster. 

Whilst we may not have agreed with everything RA did, decisions were made and made decisively 

How is it Liverpool targeted a player last Monday and a week later he's signed for them?

meanwhile we are being linked with players but nothing seems to be happening, Why are we after another keeper?

Tottenham are doing their business early, Richarleson is their next target, meanwhile we are still chasing Dembele and kounde, and both of these deals could easily break down, 

how about going for pique

9 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

How is it Liverpool targeted a player last Monday and a week later he's signed for them?

meanwhile we are being linked with players but nothing seems to be happening, Why are we after another keeper?

Tottenham are doing their business early, Richarleson is their next target, meanwhile we are still chasing Dembele and kounde, and both of these deals could easily break down, 

Pique ? How about not. He's rubbish.

2 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

Because they "targeted" him long before Monday. You only really knew about it when the deal was almost done because you don't follow Liverpool. Liverpool friends of mine have been getting excited about this (then potential) deal many weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

Why are we after another keeper?

18 year old who will be loaned back to Chicago Fire. One for the future.

However, there is an argument to be had that we should look for a keeper. Having a £72m asset on £190,000 a week on the bench makes no sense. If we can sell Kepa, we'll need a back-up from somewhere. Martinelli is also in his final year. Is he OK as a third choice? If so, do we offer him a new contract, or do we promote, say, Nathan Baxter. Or would Baxter benefit from another loan (better than sitting on a bench as 3rd choice, I'd suggest)

8 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

How about NOT going for Pique.

21 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Because they "targeted" him long before Monday. You only really knew about it when the deal was almost done because you don't follow Liverpool. Liverpool friends of mine have been getting excited about this (then potential) deal many weeks ago.

18 year old who will be loaned back to Chicago Fire. One for the future.

However, there is an argument to be had that we should look for a keeper. Having a £72m asset on £190,000 a week on the bench makes no sense. If we can sell Kepa, we'll need a back-up from somewhere. Martinelli is also in his final year. Is he OK as a third choice? If so, do we offer him a new contract, or do we promote, say, Nathan Baxter. Or would Baxter benefit from another loan (better than sitting on a bench as 3rd choice, I'd suggest)

How about NOT going for Pique.

We've got two decent young keepers out on loan at the moment , one Nathan Baxter is getting rave reviews and at Hull has the highest save percentage in the division . We're well covered for keepers , somebody at the club seems obsessed by them.