JaneB

Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1

Ham   

I actually thought we played really well throughout that game. Good performances all round with a very special mention for Reece who, apart from one misplaced pass on 89 minutes was absolute perfection. He is simply world class. 

If CP puts that chance away its a perfect night. 

Floyd25   
4 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Still love John Spencer’s goal in Europe (age has made me forget the opponent!) where he ran half the pitch before scoring. We must have had one of the smallest teams in the league back then!

Yea class goal, I loved Spenny, his jumping volley against Liverpool was brilliant as well. 

Ham   
8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Leicester had an Xpected goals of 0.08

Typical

And all the commentators saying how good Leicester were.

It was down to us that they had that xg. 

paulw66   
Just now, Ham said:

It was down to us that they had that xg. 

Yup. But it would be nice if our goalie could save some shots that were 92% in his favour 

Ham   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Yup. But it would be nice if our goalie could save some shots that were 92% in his favour 

Yeah he's fallen off a cliff since November. 

JaneB   

So we scrape third but I don't feel in celebratory mood although maybe a little relieved that Spurs won't overtake us.

We've had some simply awful performances, results and misses this season.  Imagine if we'd had a forward line and midfield worthy of our great club, as in times gone by, we could have been top.

Let's hope many changes are afoot because another season like this will not do :-(

12 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Still love John Spencer’s goal in Europe (age has made me forget the opponent!) where he ran half the pitch before scoring. We must have had one of the smallest teams in the league back then!

Austria Vienna. Loved those cup winners cup games in the 90’s.

• Thanks 1

I agree with Ham actually, thought we played pretty well, but as we all know until we find a way to put the ball in the net especially at home, we will always appear to struggle.

Thought Reece was very good as was Jorghino, similar to his performance against Liverpool. Also thought Ziyech was very lively and worked hard, can't really get upset about the result we finish third and this team gets rebuilt next season.

As for Leicester thought they were very ordinary.

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

More importantly, how awful has Mendy been for six months? I'd be looking if it was me.

He's looking like Kepa did under Frank. Seeing the ball late and not getting a hand to shots or not even diving for them. 

We've got too many other positions  to sort out in the summer so he's safe for now, but if he carries on like this next season, then come the end of next season we should be looking for another keeper. 

Chrisb   
21 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Austria Vienna. Loved those cup winners cup games in the 90’s.

Ah, thanks for jogging the old memory. I seem to recall Graham Rix coming out of retirement to play in that game as the old “3 foreign players” rule was still in back then and Spenny was classed as a foreigner!

Didn’t see the game tonight due to work but managed to listen to it on the 5th Stand. I do enjoy listening to Jason Cundy give his thoughts on the match.