JaneB

Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1

Floyd25   
Just now, Ham said:

Very fine lines. So close to two domestic cups to go with two European cups and very unlucky not to be in the CL semi final and possibly beyond. 

You simply cannot ignore the toll injuries, Covid and sanctions have had on the club. 

Take Liverpool's full backs and Central midfield out, thus overplaying other players, and they're never making top 4.  

I think we’re a very good cup team, a better cup team than a league team, two European trophies and as you said, unlucky not to win two domestic trophies. Without the misses from Mount and Pulisic in both finals…it would be a different story, but finishing is a big issue. 

You’re right, we have been unlucky and unfortunate both on and off the pitch, but you look at some of the performances and you can’t really excuse them, all of our forwards flatter to deceive a lot. Today was just more of the same against teams like Leicester, couldn’t break them down and find openings and we did, couldn’t score anyway, that has to change next season. 

Ham   
1 minute ago, Floyd25 said:

I think we’re a very good cup team, a better cup team than a league team, two European trophies and as you said, unlucky not to win two domestic trophies. Without the misses from Mount and Pulisic in both finals…it would be a different story, but finishing is a big issue. 

You’re right, we have been unlucky and unfortunate both on and off the pitch, but you look at some of the performances and you can’t really excuse them, all of our forwards flatter to deceive a lot. Today was just more of the same against teams like Leicester, couldn’t break them down and find openings and we did, couldn’t score anyway, that has to change next season. 

Don't get me wrong, I agree about our forwards and finishing. Christ knows what we would have achieved with a Harry Kane.  

RDCW   
3 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Yea class goal, I loved Spenny, his jumping volley against Liverpool was brilliant as well. 

I was in the Chicken Run (I know!) when Johnny Spencer was studded in the head by Julian Dicks having scored twice against the bubble-blowing scum. We won 3-1 and I didn't say a word, let alone cheer! Spenny was a proper little hard bastard.

RDCW   
1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

For me, the poor level of vocal support from the fans is starting to become a concern.

We have finished 3rd. Runners up in two cup finals and won two trophies, albeit, not major ones, yet you'd think the crowd were watching a team that had just been relegated. The lack of support was mentioned by the commentator tonight, noting how subdued they were before and during the game. You can even notice it when the cameras pan across the crowd and see fans standing there with arms folded looking bored to years.  I dread to think how flat it will be if we are struggling outside the top four next season.

To be fair we've had the **** beaten out of us us a club and a fan base this season and this was an almost completely meaningless game in an ultimately disappointing league season. Don't get too down on the match going fans; they are human too 😉

RDCW   

I think the evening's events have proven that Pulisic is not the answer to any of our attacking questions; brittle bones, brittle form, brittle psyche? Whichever it is I don't want to have to rely on him in any sense next season; we have to have more ambition than that.

ROTG   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

Take Liverpool's full backs and Central midfield out, thus overplaying other players, and they're never making top 4.  

There lies answer to the squads short comings this season. TT needs to stick to a formation and have a plan B.

IMO TT continuing tinkering with formation and players positions didn’t help the squad  

Ro61   

Glad we have secured top 3,and hopefully the new owners will be installed soon -  that's all I hoped for in a very difficult season(for many reasons)that I'm glad  is nearly over.

There needs to be a lot of horse trading done in the summer.We will have many good players leaving,and unfortunately many  bad players that should have been shipped out before the covid/injury/sanctions/ crisis hit.

We will need a player rebuild for sure,but  also a restructure of the way the club is run.I would start with recruitment.How many players have we got a good return on investment?

With American investment I think we will either thrive like Liverpool or have financial blood suckers like Man Utd.

ROTG   
19 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

I think the evening's events have proven that Pulisic is not the answer to any of our attacking questions; brittle bones, brittle form, brittle psyche? Whichever it is I don't want to have to rely on him in any sense next season; we have to have more ambition than that.

Got a feeling when the new owners are in place, the golden boy will stay, unless someone offers stupid money. 

5 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

For me, the poor level of vocal support from the fans is starting to become a concern.

We have finished 3rd. Runners up in two cup finals and won two trophies, albeit, not major ones, yet you'd think the crowd were watching a team that had just been relegated. The lack of support was mentioned by the commentator tonight, noting how subdued they were before and during the game. You can even notice it when the cameras pan across the crowd and see fans standing there with arms folded looking bored to years.  I dread to think how flat it will be if we are struggling outside the top four next season.

It's the quality of football really. It is (subjectively of course) the worst I have seen while supporting Chelsea. It is tough to watch. 

I understand we won two trophies this season but we look so clueless at times it really is hard to watch. 

We had 700 passes today during the game and its like our only mode of attack was a cross into box after the ball predictably got to either James or Alonso.

It is painful to see how much Pulisic has regressed after looking so good under SFL. Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, CHO, Lukaku... they all are at their lowest points in their careers at the moment too. There is no speed, urgency, athleticism, belief, edge or incisiveness about this team. 

You look at the speed, movement and inter-play between City and Liverpool and you can see we are stuck playing Serie A football at Chelsea. Would Mane and Salah be great under Tuchel? I do wonder.

Ro61   
1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

It's the quality of football really. It is (subjectively of course) the worst I have seen while supporting Chelsea. It is tough to watch. 

I understand we won two trophies this season but we look so clueless at times it really is hard to watch. 

We had 700 passes today during the game and its like our only mode of attack was a cross into box after the ball predictably got to either James or Alonso.

It is painful to see how much Pulisic has regressed after looking so good under SFL. Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, CHO, Lukaku... they all are at their lowest points in their careers at the moment too. There is no speed, urgency, athleticism, belief, edge or incisiveness about this team. 

You look at the speed, movement and inter-play between City and Liverpool and you can see we are stuck playing Serie A football at Chelsea. Would Mane and Salah be great under Tuchel? I do wonder.

100%.