JaneB

Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1

asvaberg   
21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm posting this here as I think it's an important read and was a great article , sorry of not OK mods :

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/antonio-ruediger-chelsea-fc-soccer-premier-league

R E S P E C T ! Brilliant article - a great man

bONes   
12 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Yup. But it would be nice if our goalie could save some shots that were 92% in his favour 

It seems to me his from dropped around after the Club World Cup. There were issues with Kepa not starting that game etc, plus the Carabao Cup Final where it would have been fair to play Kepa, but he messed up penalties. Seems like some issues in the dressing room that are affecting morale to me.

bONes   
18 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Thanks for posting that article @Mark Kelly A great read. Looks like someone at the top messed up regarding the contract, leaving him in limbo for so long that when other clubs were allowed to talk to him he had little option but to listen to what they had to say. He'll be missed as a character and as a leader.

There was this in the DM yesterday (similar, but shorter piece in the Evening Standard, too)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10834091/Real-Madrid-bound-Antonio-Rudiger-bids-farewell-staff-patients-Chelsea-hospital.htmlv

Wow. Almost made my cry. What a story. Farewell, Rudi <3

Ruudboy   

Amazing - what a man - brought a tear to my eyes. He'll always be welcome back by me - and the story of Kante in his mini? I've seen him driving it - couldn't believe it!

• Like 1

I haven't seen any of the game yet, but it sounds like a microcosm of how this season has gone, we could do with just moving to a system that is more counter attacking based and quicker on the break and the funny thing is we have a base of attacking players who would be good at that. 

It's clear that Tuchel sets the team up in such a way that after we regain the ball, we slow down to allow both teams to totally restructure, so the game loses its chaos element, before we progress forward. Without that chaos element, the opposition park the bus, and our pacy speedy players can't do anything. 

Last season it wasn't a problem and it stormed us to the CL win, but this season we have hit a brick wall with it. 

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm posting this here as I think it's an important read and was a great article , sorry of not OK mods :

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/antonio-ruediger-chelsea-fc-soccer-premier-league

47 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Thanks for posting that article @Mark Kelly A great read. Looks like someone at the top messed up regarding the contract, leaving him in limbo for so long that when other clubs were allowed to talk to him he had little option but to listen to what they had to say. He'll be missed as a character and as a leader.

There was this in the DM yesterday (similar, but shorter piece in the Evening Standard, too)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10834091/Real-Madrid-bound-Antonio-Rudiger-bids-farewell-staff-patients-Chelsea-hospital.htmlv

What beautiful articles.  Thank you both.  He will be a big loss, something I didn't always appreciate, and he seems a great guy.  As for Kante, he is a gem of a man.

Sometimes we post on here in anger, frustration and disappointment which is quite understandable, but having read some of the recent posts on here, I now feel a bit humbled and can appreciate the positives that have been achieved against a very difficult backdrop.

Clean slate, new owner, lots of movement in the summer and hopefully TT in place for some time to come.  Let's go!!! 

• Thanks 1

Said it at the time and think it's completely indisputable now ... Lampard's exiling of Rudiger was one of the stupidest things I've ever known a manager to do.

Fair play to him. Always given it his all, has one last big contract in him, why not go to Spain when you've done the other three big leagues? He'll be very difficult to replace as a player, and even more so as a character.

8 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Said it at the time and think it's completely indisputable now ... Lampard's exiling of Rudiger was one of the stupidest things I've ever known a manager to do.

Fair play to him. Always given it his all, has one last big contract in him, why not go to Spain when you've done the other three big leagues? He'll be very difficult to replace as a player, and even more so as a character.

It does make you wonder why doesn't it?