JaneB

Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1

Floyd25   
22 hours ago, Ham said:

I remember one incident where, under absolutely no pressure from anyone nearby be simply smashed the ball out for a corner to the opposition, from which they scored. It was almost comical. 

Yea I remember that clearly, we’ve seen his best form for us over the last season and a half, before that he wasn’t so hot at times. 

Edited by Floyd25

Blue Rod   
13 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

re Marina.

To be fair to her, she is excellent in getting top prices for players we sell. Having said that, it's odd that she is the complete opposite when it comes to the buying and contract side of her job. 

You may have a point there. But after so many bad signing decisions, Marina should be banging the table (metaphorically, I must stress) demanding for top technical advisers.

I think Marina has been bamboozled far too often by players'agents. All our recent signings have cost us more than the independent valuations both in signing and wages. Shame that Rudiger's agent didn't succeed. 

Edited by Blue Rod

Ro61   
10 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

You may have a point there. But after so many bad signing decisions, she should be banging the table (metaphorically, I must stress) demanding for top technical advisers.

I think Marina has been bamboozled far too often by players'agents. All our recent signings have cost us more than the independent valuations both in signing and wages. Shame that Rudiger's agent didn't do a trick on her. 

Good points.The one thing you can be assured of is the new American owners will go through the club with a fine tooth comb,it's the American way.

I think they will realise that RA was a very benevolent owner.I also see them not repeating the Lukaku debacle,and several other waste of space(and money) signings.

A new broom that sweeps clean I hope,but it could be they will turn out to be greedy bastards like the Glazers no - one knows,we live in hope.

Sciatika   

Makes no sense. The headline says that Marina will leave Chelsea because no one will employ her. 

4 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Makes no sense. The headline says that Marina will leave Chelsea because no one will employ her. 

That's what I thought , stupidly written article .

Ham   

The article says she'll leave Chelsea and then she'll struggle to get another job in football because she's Russian. 

Misleading headline. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

The article says she'll leave Chelsea and then she'll struggle to get another job in football because she's Russian. 

Misleading headline. 

Indeed... written by a blogger with little journalistic training and no sub to check the 'homework'

I think she'll stay until the transfer window closes, as she'll have been involved in much of the preliminary work before - and maybe even during - sanctions kicking in. After that, she'll be gone. Not just because of her close links to Abramovich for over 20 years (pre-dating him buying Chelsea), but because the new owners will want their own people in positions of power.

The footballing side is different; Tuchel and his staff and the academy coaches, women's team etc are safe. But the boardroom and other senior positions will see changes. I can see Bruce Buck going, too.

Sciatika   

^This. I think by next summer, only Barnard will remain.

Blue Rod   
17 hours ago, Ro61 said:

Good points.The one thing you can be assured of is the new American owners will go through the club with a fine tooth comb,it's the American way.

I think they will realise that RA was a very benevolent owner.I also see them not repeating the Lukaku debacle,and several other waste of space(and money) signings.

A new broom that sweeps clean I hope,but it could be they will turn out to be greedy bastards like the Glazers no - one knows,we live in hope.

The Glazer scenario is a Chelsea fan's worst nightmare. Once an owner decides to use a club as a cash cow or leverage, it changes everything. I rather hope that our new owners have learnt from the Glazers' mistake as it hasn't exactly been a fairy tale for them at ManUtd. 

Roman Abramovich was a passionate and sentimental owner. There will never be one like him, and we will miss him badly. I personally will. But we are up against many RA imitators. And like Chinese manufacturers cloning Western technology, they are quite good at it. We must fight today's battle, not yesterday's. Our signing records of the past 5 years show that things must change.