RDCW   
6 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

You're having a laugh, how many points have we dropped at home?struggled to win today (in a dead rubber as you put it), couldn't beat Leicester who were on the beach, What about Brentford and Arsenal? Fluked it against Leeds, and West ham, couldn't put away the worst United team in Pl history yet put us up against Liverpool and Tottenham and we were a different side, that to me looks like a manager who can't motivate the team

That's a different argument mate. Sort your apples and oranges into different boxes and we might be able to have a sensible conversation 😉.

I think we need to go through an ordinary season (ie one without covid, extreme injury issues, sanctions and with a squad picked by the manager) before we throw our toys out of the pram and the baby out with the bathwater and whatever other cliche you'd care to mention.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really relieved this season is over. I'm knackered, God only knows how the players and staff feel.

23 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

You're having a laugh, how many points have we dropped at home?struggled to win today (in a dead rubber as you put it), couldn't beat Leicester who were on the beach, What about Brentford and Arsenal? Fluked it against Leeds, and West ham, couldn't put away the worst United team in Pl history yet put us up against Liverpool and Tottenham and we were a different side, that to me looks like a manager who can't motivate the team

In a way, TT is lucky.

Roman has gone and he'd quite probably be out of a job if Roman had not been forced to sell.

He'll be starting a new era with us not holding any of the three domestic or two Euro trophies. That should make everyone accept where the club really is at this moment in time and take some pressure off for  next season to keep winning in the way we've been doing for all those years under Roman. Imo, wee need to start looking a bit further ahead than what happens next season.

At the start of this season, many pundits thought we'd win the title or least go very close to winning it. I highly doubt a single one will pick us as even amongst the contenders for next season. All this can help us fly under the radar for a while during the difficult job of the rebuild 

Edited by boratsbrother

Leo91   

We're not challenging for the league next season. The top 2 are too far away and too far into their development, they've built a winning mentality and consistency which us, Utd or Spurs are no way near of reaching over 38 games.

Jasonb   

Up and down match for sure today, too many were not on their game.

Nice to see Barkley get the winner.

1 hour ago, Diddymen said:

And Alonso? Not even in the squad

was he at the farewell?

Tuchel said he had been nursing a back problem and it “made no sense” to take a risk by including him.

3 hours ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

TT has to go, if we can't beat Watford we won't be anywhere next season

We can beat Watford though. Annoying when that happens isn’t it.

Floyd25   

In other news, the powers that be need to cut out these pitch invasions, yet again today an attack….it’s just madness, start issuing bans to people invading the pitch. 

Ham   
11 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

In other news, the powers that be need to cut out these pitch invasions, yet again today an attack….it’s just madness, start issuing bans to people invading the pitch. 

Threatening games behind closed doors will stop it.