paulw66   
6 hours ago, ROTG said:

Since the transfer ban, and two seasons later the club has improved its end of season points total by 8pts and spent ITRO £340m that’s improvement costs £42m per point. 

Its a funny old game. 

Yup. Nowhere near good enough.

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Let hope not the TT conundrum is he the real deal or a poor man’s klopp will do for me. 

Going to be an interesting summer. Whatever happens by the start of next season it should be a TT team. 

Hopefully square pegs round holes will be gone

Defiantly gone are injury, pandemic, RA sanctions  

Absolutely.

Huge season for Tuchel. There is only so long he will be able to live of the champions League win. We have to close the gap on City and Liverpool. It may well be impossible to win in the next couple of years but we need to show signs of progression.

Personally I have absolutely no doubt he is the right man and we will improve, this season has been unprecedented in terms of what the club has been through and we needed up doing ok. More than ok in my opinion and are at a stage where one or two players should really push us on to be title contenders. It's just wether or not we can get those players in.

Kounde is a great start, looks very much like that is happening. As for who else we should sign, I really don't care as long as they are players that the manager wants. We can all say we should sign this player or that player, we've all done it, but the single most important thing is the new owners back the manager and get him whoever he wants. It's the only way we will get anywhere near the top two teams.

If not Tuchel will be gone sooner rather than later and the merry go round will just start again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Holymoly said:

PS Some bloke? Don't give me that, you know who Rylan is.

Embarrassingly his second name escaped me and couldn't be arsed to goggle it!!... and I guessed  most knew who I meant. I could have said beard/white teeth and the penny would have dropped instantly! (he seems happy now bless him)

11 hours ago, ROTG said:

Since the transfer ban, and two seasons later the club has improved its end of season points total by 8pts and spent ITRO £340m that’s improvement costs £42m per point. 

Its a funny old game. 

You are forgetting the Champions League win, Super Cup win and the Club World Cup win conveniently in that calculation (I would suggest a CL win would be worth about £200m to City!). No-one is suggesting this seasons PL campaign has been anything other than disappointing, but cheer up, at least we can see exactly where and how easy it is going to be to get a lot more points next season :-)

Beat Brentford at home 3

Draw with City at home 3 (they might have outplayed us, but it took a deflected fluke for them to win)

Beat Liverpool at home 2 (played 4, we were the better team 4 times and they will be on caffiene detox next season)

Beat Fulham at home instead of drawing with Burnley 2

Beat Wolves and Brighton at home 4 (so annoying)

BEAT ARSENAL AT HOME 3 (I threw things at this point)

Win at Goodison (its about time)

20 points. Easy.

3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

We have to close the gap on City and Liverpool. It may well be impossible to win in the next couple of years but we need to show signs of progression.

Personally I have absolutely no doubt he is the right man and we will improve, this season has been unprecedented in terms of what the club has been through and we needed up doing ok. More than ok in my opinion and are at a stage where one or two players should really push us on to be title contenders. It's just wether or not we can get those players in.

Kounde is a great start, looks very much like that is happening. As for who else we should sign, I really don't care as long as they are players that the manager wants. We can all say we should sign this player or that player, we've all done it, but the single most important thing is the new owners back the manager and get him whoever he wants. It's the only way we will get anywhere near the top two teams.

Agree

11 hours ago, ROTG said:

Its a funny old game. 

A point made more accurately than mine, but it is precisely the point. Tbf we had the Hazard situation. I don't know what money he went for or what add ons were but we probably had 80/90 million sitting there that we couldn't spend. Lampard had done ok so they went a bit crazy and spunked away 200 mill plus on a title push. Then Giroud and Tammy went so they spunked another 100 mill on Lukaku. As you say 42 mill a point. I think we all know the players that have represented value. Mendy, Chilwel, Silva, Havertz...thats about it. Coaches are paid a lot of money to mould what they have. Lampard was clearly more comfortable with his first budget season but struggled with the influx. Tuchel has struggled for long sections too. We are a cup team, of that there is no doubt. CL winners, 2 FA cup finals and a League cup final, since the ban. Probably deserved all three domestic trophies. But I don't know what means in respect of our health as a club.  I'm excited about the future but at the same time a bit anxious.  

asvaberg   
On 21.5.2022 at 3:56 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Asvaberg ? He's a cyborg sent back from the future to destroy humanity , how could you ? 

The Cyborg is a retired cyborg now - and in the match he did ok, right ? :) :) 

https://www.sportbible.com/football/an-emotional-mike-dean-blows-final-whistle-one-last-time-20220523

18 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

The Cyborg is a retired cyborg now - and in the match he did ok, right ? :) :) 

https://www.sportbible.com/football/an-emotional-mike-dean-blows-final-whistle-one-last-time-20220523

He went out with a whimper and thankfully not a bang!