45 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Does anyone know how the result of this game affects Liverpool as I have realised over time that that is the only thing that matters to the media in this country .

SKY are desperate , absolutely desperate for Liverpool to beat City to the League championship and it's horribly disrespectful to City no wonder Guardiola is up in arms about it .

I can understand why though.

Like it or not, us and City are branded as sportswashers and bought titles they would not have won without their owners money.

City have taken it to whole new levels with their blatant and massive financial  corruption.  Again, like it or not, Liverpool are seen as a club who have earned their success. 

I have to admit that City leave me completely cold. Yes, their football is technically superb, but its so relentlessly  mechanical. It's better to loath a Liverpool than to feel nothing about a club/team.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

It was always likely to go to the wire (if all goes well, the sale will - in reality - have been done astonishingly quickly)  In Ben Jacobs we trust! 😁

Today will be a bit odd regarding players who might be leaving. Apart from Rudiger and Christensen, all sorts of rumours are going around regarding Azpi, Alonso, Jorginho, and that’s before you get to bit players like Saul, Barklay, Sarr. While Lukaku and Werner, have also been suggested as exit candidates. I remember a while back when the policy was two or three reinforcements per season. Looks like this time it’s going to be five or six. That’s a big upheaval. How do we even start with goodbyes to Alonso, Azpi and Jorginho who may or not all be leaving, but who’ve been great servants for the club? It’s pretty weird. I find it hard to believe we’re going to just dispense with so much experience in one go. 

So , no goodbye for Alonso , he must have joined Christensen on tapped up corner .

Chilly on the bench is a welcome surprise! Saul and Kenedy starting is not so good though, especially as neither has a future here.

Edited by boratsbrother

4 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Chilly on the bench is a welcome surprise! Saul and Kenedy starting is not so good though, especially as neither has a future here.

I don't understand why NO youth players have been included in the squad. Surely just let Silva and Kante have a rest and start pre-season early. Why is Kenedy playing? He has no future hear and will leave this summer without anyone really noticing (no disrespect intended). Saul... he's off back to his parent club after only 14 appearances.

The big plus point is Chilwell on the bench, that is great to see, so pleased for him and hope he gets some minutes.

9 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I don't understand why NO youth players have been included in the squad. Surely just let Silva and Kante have a rest and start pre-season early. Why is Kenedy playing? He has no future hear and will leave this summer without anyone really noticing (no disrespect intended). Saul... he's off back to his parent club after only 14 appearances.

The big plus point is Chilwell on the bench, that is great to see, so pleased for him and hope he gets some minutes.

Agree, it makes zero sense playing Saul & Kenedy and made even more senseless by this fixture being ideal to given some young players a game. I do wonder about TT's thinking at times.

Diddymen   

Maybe the youth team players have left for their hols?

the development team probably need it