JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Pre-Season Friendly match against Udinese at the Dacia Arena before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Friday, 29th July 2022 (Local UK time/date)

Chrisb   

Yay! A match day thread! Ah, how I’ve missed you.

Must win game.

• Haha 1

It'll be a goal fest.

Unfortunately

chara   

I hope we see the side, or as close as possible, that TT intends to start the season with enabling us to make a better judgement of things than watching a mish mash of experimental combinations and game fitness appearances.

I was about to post saying the Arsenal score isn't worrying, but then I saw the starting eleven and it's all players that I would expect to hold their own against Arsenal...Just chalk it down to Arsenal being motivated for a friendly and our players not being bothered?

18 hours ago, chara said:

I hope we see the side, or as close as possible, that TT intends to start the season with enabling us to make a better judgement of things than watching a mish mash of experimental combinations and game fitness appearances.

Completely agree Chara, I think TT has to use this game to refine that first 11 and give them a proper run-out together for 60 mins or so. The concerning thing is that I feel our strongest 11 is still 2/3 signings short!

I would like to see:

Mendy

Chalobah - Silva - Koulibaly

James - Kovacic - Kante - Chilwell

Mount - Havertz - Sterling

I would like to see Gallagher on first for one of the 2 midfielders to give him some time playing with the strongest 11 and see how he does. I would also be interested to see how we'd look with Sterling in the middle and Pulisic out wide.

13 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Completely agree Chara, I think TT has to use this game to refine that first 11 and give them a proper run-out together for 60 mins or so. The concerning thing is that I feel our strongest 11 is still 2/3 signings short!

I would like to see:

Mendy

I would like to see Gallagher on first for one of the 2 midfielders to give him some time playing with the strongest 11 and see how he does. I would also be interested to see how we'd look with Sterling in the middle and Pulisic out wide.

Is Kante showing up for this one as he didn't in America due to vaccine issues ( as is his right , not knocking him) ?

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Is Kante showing up for this one as he didn't in America due to vaccine issues ( as is his right , not knocking him) ?

As far as I know, he will be, he's been training and playing with the youngsters (along with RLC), so I would imagine they'll both be implemented straight back into first team training and into this match.

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

As far as I know, he will be, he's been training and playing with the youngsters (along with RLC), so I would imagine they'll both be implemented straight back into first team training and into this match.

Well lets hope so

chara   
4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I would like to see:

Mendy

As good as it's gonna get I suspect, at least to start the season,

If Dave or Alonso stay I would prefer Dave for the opening games...I like Chalobah but have some niggling reservations, not the same as Sarr or Saul last year but would rather he came in to,hopefully, a functioning side.

If Dave moves on then time for him to sink or swim..I wish him well.