JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Everton at Goodison Park before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 hours on Saturday, 6th August 2022 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

As the first game of the new season approaches, now is a good time to remind all members, who haven't already done so, to read our updated terms and conditions, and to re-iterate that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

Your goodwill and co-operation is appreciated.

Thank you.  

• Like 2

A tough away start for the season , this will set the stage for what is to come and how many last minute panic buys we get in.

Three points please, sorry Frank 

I'm hoping having this lot first up changes our luck at Goodison, though I suspect we are coming here at the wrong time again with it being first game of the season. Their fans are likely to be more positive now, than they will be in 6-7 weeks time.

Our last 10 visits here have resulted in 2 wins and 1 draw with 7 defeats. That includes no win in our last 5 games here and four straight league defeats in a row, with one solitary goal scored in the last 5 here!

It's just one of those places we struggle, it often feels like we are either under prepared when we come here. Or we land here when a new manager has just been installed and they treat it like a cup final.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

Not the best fixture for us to kick off with, especially when you read the stats from @LeBoeufsGolfBall! But at least we get it out the way I suppose.

At this stage, I would imagine the team (barring injuries) will be players that are here already and will therefore look quite similar to last year. Decisions to be made will be Chalobah or Azpi and Kante or Jorginho, but with Kante having missed the tour I would expect Jorginho to start this one.

Very much looking forward to seeing James and Chilwell on the pitch together again!

Diddymen   
5 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I'm hoping having this lot first up changes our luck at Goodison, though I suspect we are coming here at the wrong time again with it being first game of the season. Their fans are likely to be more positive now, than they will be in 6-7 weeks time.

Our last 10 visits here have resulted in 2 wins and 1 draw with 7 defeats. That includes no win in our last 5 games here and four straight league defeats in a row, with one solitary goal scored in the last 5 here!

It's just one of those places we struggle, it often feels like we are either under prepared when we come here. Or we land here when a new manager has just been installed and they treat it like a cup final.

this is true. But in the last few seasons , Richarlson has been the stand out player for them and he's been sold and not replaced. SO, we can worry about him in the following match :(

They've signed Ruben Vinagre from Wolves.

Incoming " and Vinagre strokes it home ".

Edited by Mark Kelly

I hate this fixture.  They always seem to turn it on against us at their place.  We need to put Frank under pressure straight away and get off to a winning start (sorry Frank), and it will be interesting to see what sort of team TT puts out.

Chrisb   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

They've signed Ruben Vinagre from Wolves.

Incoming " and Vinagre strokes it home ".

I see what you did there! 😂

I’m sure if that were to happen a certain Martin Tyler will probably sound like he’s on his!