JaneB

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 2

Recommended Posts

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:30 hours on Sunday, 14th August 2022 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worry for me ahead of this is that Spurs look very fit and we look very much like we're coming out of a slow pre-season. Conte pulverising his squad over the summer, especially with a World Cup in the winter, will I'm sure cost Spurs at some point, but that won't be next Sunday.

Turning up late to a family holiday so I don't miss this one, hope it proves to be worth the loss of brownie points!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holymoly   
15 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Turning up late to a family holiday so I don't miss this one, hope it proves to be worth the loss of brownie points!

Don't waste the brownie points mate. If it wasn't for Conte I could be optimistic and hope that we could pull ourselves up for this game. As it is I fear we could be in for a hiding, especially if they get a quick goal. Our only hope is to keep it tight, spoil everything then grab a late goal off Broja's arse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Don't waste the brownie points mate. If it wasn't for Conte I could be optimistic and hope that we could pull ourselves up for this game. As it is I fear we could be in for a hiding, especially if they get a quick goal. Our only hope is to keep it tight, spoil everything then grab a late goal off Broja's arse.

We played Spurs 4 times last season, and won all 4 with an aggregate score of 8-0, yet we for some reason we have little hope. Gotcha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

We played Spurs 4 times last season, and won all 4 with an aggregate score of 8-0, yet we for some reason we have little hope. Gotcha. 

If we cannot raise our game , no matter how early in the season for Spurs at home then there really is no hope for some of these players.  Every year we hear how they're gonna whoop us and they never ever do , now this one may be the one but I expect it won't be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   

Saw a stat the other day; the last time Spurs won the league, it was closer to 1899 than the current day.

Drink it in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
7 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Don't waste the brownie points mate.

Anthony Taylor the referee.

Mike Dean on VAR.

I think you were right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrisb   
25 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Anthony Taylor the referee.

Mike Dean on VAR.

I think you were right. 

Oh ffs! Here come the dodgy penalties for them and the dodgy offside calls against us. 
 

We’re doomed I tells ya, doomed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year of Mike Riley's reign of incompetence, soon he'll be gone and the refereeing will improve ten fold overnight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now