Boogle

Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

oh right I thought he was the same age as Sterling also, you're probably right though, if so he was 12 during the 2008 Cobham Cup, that's crazy!

Chalobah is some player! The block near the end was top class

Cameron   
Nat[haniel Chalobah] is still only 15-and-a-half and he was playing against players that are nearly two whole years older than him. He was excellent.

Nice to see him singled out for praise by Sir Trevor Brooking, will he be a regular in the U18's next season?

ish   

can't wait to see how chalobah steps up honestly I'm a little more excited about him then bruma, chalobah is English freaking 15 and not only massive but quite skilful for a guy who could and does regularly rely on brute force.

ChelC   

I am not sure if Juni can shed some light on this or if he has already mentioned this before.

Basically I stumbled across a page of a youth football tournament hosted by Willem II. I think its meant to be called the Audax Tournament (I was actually looking for the marveld tournament that Danny mills topscored in couple of years back)

Initially I thought it was a tournament that has already being played as they have a squad picture of our under 15s, Under 13s/14 and actual match pictures. the under 15 squad photo appears to have players that are meant to have left the academy like Bowerman. (Could only recognise 3 or 4 from that squad photo anyways).

However the dates for the tournament final Sunday Aug 29 corresponds with 2010 as aug 29 of 2009 falls on saturday. So I was wondering if this is an upcoming tournament for the under 15s. NI Milk cup is about a month before I think. Possibly same squad for both competition?

On a side note the tournament site also have a squad photo of our under 13s (probably from last year) which list James Hancock, a player I posted about moving from our under 13s to under 14s this year. More interestingly a name caught my eye (not sure if I am clutching at straws here) but Jonathan Nouble (any relations to Frank?) got me looking at the big black boys in the back row thinking: do we have Franks brother in the academy?

away from that but in relation to brothers in the academy, I think somebody on another site mentioned that Chalobah's brother is in one of the junior teams!!

Juni   

Yeah, been aware of it a while, Jeremie Boga won the MVP in the young category (d1) last year.

It is Nouble's brother but he prefers Joel Nouble, and there is a younger Chalobah at the club but he's really young.

ChelC   

Yeah, been aware of it a while, Jeremie Boga won the MVP in the young category (d1) last year.

It is Nouble's brother but he prefers Joel Nouble, and there is a younger Chalobah at the club but he's really young.

Cheers Juni, you rapidly becoming a chelseayouthpedia.

The tournament itself looks good and the fact that we won both age groups bodes well for the club. Some top academies were at the tournament.

Boga looks like kakuta I must say.

Guest Louder Than Ritalin   
Guest Louder Than Ritalin

Hi Juni,

Not posted in ages but I know you are the man to answer these sort of questions. My friends Nephew is currently on trial with Chelsea in the under 13's. His name is wait for it... Warren Beattie. If you hear any information on him could you let me know?

Thanks

Bison   

I remember some talk about a young Dutch player possibly signing, he is the cousin of J. Bruma. Well apparently he's just signed for Arsenal.