Lucas

John Terry

Yep. Pretty blatant. Valdes should've just kept running instead of pulling back and flailing though. He was trying to make it obvious to win a free kick, and just ended up being caught out. Unlucky for Valdes, but sorta play to the whistle kinda stuff.

JT certainly had it lucky with the players around him from an early age. If you can't learn your trade from those guys, then you may as well give up. What an education he had.

As for Carvalho, I still wear my 'Lord Percy' shirt with pride.

The cliché about Terry at this particular stage in his career, of course, and the one you will hear blithely trotted out in every pitch-side television studio across the land, is that pace is a diminishing resource but that he compensates for its diminishment with positioning. Tuesday night’s pitch-length explosion rather dynamited that handy punditry nugget. It may actually be the case that, as he gets older, far from lagging, Terry is turning into that all too rare asset: a box-to-box central defender.

Giles Smith of course :)

Flinkers   

Giles Smith of course :)

The thing that surprised me was Terry running 100m in a shade over 13 seconds.

I couldn't do that as a youngster let alone when I was pushing 34!

Kudos JT

Scooba   

To be fair it was only 90 yards in 13 seconds. About 80m(?). I reckon he would be closer to 20 seconds doing 100m, he looked knackered at the end of it.

To be fair it was only 90 yards in 13 seconds. About 80m(?). I reckon he would be closer to 20 seconds doing 100m, he looked knackered at the end of it.

And to be fairer still - for a 34 year defender never known for his pace that's still pretty damn impressive!

JaneB   

JT certainly had it lucky with the players around him from an early age. If you can't learn your trade from those guys, then you may as well give up. What an education he had.

As for Carvalho, I still wear my 'Lord Percy' shirt with pride.

Oh wow, music to my ears! My daughter takes the p*** out of me saying I'm the only Chelsea fan who still dares to wear a Riccy shirt to a match. I knew she was wrong!

Harvz   

I loved Carvalho. Mostly for the dirty plays he pulled off without getting as much as a warning. Sneaky sneaky man.

Whatever speed he was going his intention was to keep up with play which was moving pretty fast for the entire length of the pitch and then slot the ball home. He was not a sprinter in spikes on a running track who had just spent an hour resting and getting himself in the moment. He was in boots on a wet pitch in the middle of a big game. It surprised me.

On Thursday,Chelsea captain John Terry will be heard at Fulham Broadway, Earl’s Court and West Brompton voicing station announcements, the scheme being run by the London Underground as part of the Royal British Legion’s annual ‘Poppy Day’ appeal.

Arsene Wenger will be voicing station announcements around the Emirates Stadium, no doubt he will 'see nothing'.

Edited by keith9351