Lucas

John Terry

9 hours ago, jones said:

Thank you is not enough. Nobody will ever come close to what he has achieved at this club as a player. He was one of the world's best defenders for, I guess a decade, and won absolutely everything he could win at club level - for Chelsea. More than one trophy on average per year. Will never be replicated. But for me it is the person we are going to miss the most. The way he picked himself up when he had a hard time. That goal against Burnley. How, instead of complaining when the FSW benched him, he dug deep and rose to new absolute highs the seasons after. Or when he helped us when we needed the most. That goal against Barcelona. How he sacrificed himself. Head first into boots, and that Diaby situation in the LC final. And the winning mentality he has carried on through his entire career has for sure influenced many of his team mates. His support for the youth team.  Just how he wore that captain's armband with so much pride. Every time. How he has grown over the years. He for sure had a few episodes he has regretted, we all know that. But we also know that we all do. A media that has always been after him has never been met by a bitter man. Calm, respectful but yet straight-forward and clear whenever asked difficult questions. And Chelsea first, always. JT is one of us, and he is the most successful player in PL history. A captain any club will envy us for. They will never admit it, but they do. 

The day would always come. No player plays forever. But we should all be thankful for seeing a Chelsea boy lead us to glory and success for almost twenty years. 

not much to add but to say as a Chelsea fan himself I hope when the moment arises we can bring him back where he belongs to support and inspire many more, he has so often risen above the abuse and not bitten to the ire of those attacking him. Leader of men.

• Like 1

kev61   

John Terry is he best defender I have ever seen in my life time.He could see things in an instant that other defenders struggle to see in twice the time.

The good thing is David !uiz has been a revelation.

xCELERYx   

I've essentially grown up with Terry being a huge part of this club and it's sad to see that come to an end. I doubt we'll see anyone else like him, let alone have such a profound impact on the club. Makes me sad just typing this out. Glad he'd been able to bail out on such a high note, and fingers crossed there's one more FA Cup for him to collect. 

As a defender, he is the epitome of everything I admire. It's been a pleasure having had the chance to witness this over the years and appreciating him more as I've gotten older. 

It's going to be strange not seeing that familiar #26 involved in the future.

paulw66   
18 hours ago, Ham said:

I've never seen two worse articles than the Mail yesterday and this today in my life. Shocking. 

F**k the Mail and f**k the "Independent"

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/john-Terry-resign-chelsea-player-british-football-sunderland-champions-league-disgusting-a7749516.html?amp

We had a Gerrard [email protected] for about a month when he retired. JT gets subbed and applauded off and the media are up in arms 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

We had a Gerrard [email protected] for about a month when he retired. JT gets subbed and applauded off and the media are up in arms 

At least Gerrard is gone (or rather tucked away at Anfield as U18 manager.
JT has a new club to find, an new contract to complain about - how dare they pay so much to a 40 year old...
And I daresay he'll score a few more PL goals and kick a few PL players yet too.

With luck he'll be winding up the press for another 2 years, and can then come back and be Chelsea manager later on  :)

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

At least Gerrard is gone (or rather tucked away at Anfield as U18 manager.
JT has a new club to find, an new contract to complain about - how dare they pay so much to a 40 year old...
And I daresay he'll score a few more PL goals and kick a few PL players yet too.

With luck he'll be winding up the press for another 2 years, and can then come back and be Chelsea manager later on  :)

I have a sneaky suspicion he will retire, but have no basis for that other than a gut feel. 

31 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I have a sneaky suspicion he will retire, but have no basis for that other than a gut feel. 

Quite possibly - he does seem to be still putting himself out there for offers.  You'd have thought he'd have signed something already (he could have signed a pre-agreement anytime since January)

Ham   
4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Same here.  When the dust settles and he considers how badly he has been exposed recently together with the pros of being the only real one club man around versus the con of one more season at a lower level possibly being turned inside out by pace I think he'll make the right choice. 

I think he'll go to the States , no impact on us whatsoever and a decent standard to see out his twilight years.

Ham   
33 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think he'll go to the States , no impact on us whatsoever and a decent standard to see out his twilight years.

Yeah that's what I mean.  Retirement. 

😊