Lucas

John Terry

Codger   

> "prizes" like being captain of England are just the way they keep score

Prizes like being captain of England are just the way fans keep score.

If either one of them get the armband, then you can be sure there will be point scoring on here one way or the other, and it will have sweet FA to do with England and everything to do with the clubs who employ those players.

quote:Originally posted by Grahame Fendle

> "prizes" like being captain of England are just the way they keep score

Prizes like being captain of England are just the way fans keep score.

If either one of them get the armband, then you can be sure there will be point scoring on here one way or the other, and it will have sweet FA to do with England and everything to do with the clubs who employ those players.

id="quote">

id="quote">

You're right, of course. A great many Liverpool fans - myself included - could care less about England. But it prolly wouldn't stop some of the dumber ones claiming some kind of meaningless victory if Gerrard got the nod. Like I said though, I think it'd just be a distraction. I do not want to see Liverpool players on Wogan.

PS - Should add though that Gerrard's publicity mad partner will be egging him on no end.

I am not sure why there is not more uproar from Arse fans that they are about to lose one of their own.

When I understood he has been there since a 16 year old it sunk home to me how big a move this really would be, not only leaving the club that brought him up but to a competitor across town.

If JT were to be moving the opposite direction or, just for the fun of it, lets say to Spurs the reprecussions inside Chelsea and its fans would be enourmous. I dont think Arse fans realise what a landmark move this will be.

How many other players have left us or come to us after having spent so much of their 'forming' years at ours or any other club

gocs   

First of all; Terry is Captain.

A bit the same as when Lampard left west ham??

Mr A. Cole has'nt been treated very well by arse

JAFFA   
quote:Originally posted by exiledblue

I am not sure why there is not more uproar from Arse fans that they are about to lose one of their own.

When I understood he has been there since a 16 year old it sunk home to me how big a move this really would be, not only leaving the club that brought him up but to a competitor across town.

If JT were to be moving the opposite direction or, just for the fun of it, lets say to Spurs the reprecussions inside Chelsea and its fans would be enourmous. I dont think Arse fans realise what a landmark move this will be.

How many other players have left us or come to us after having spent so much of their 'forming' years at ours or any other club

id="quote">

id="quote">

In all honesty I think most of Arsenals fans have accepted that Cole would be leaving and Chelsea would be his destination. This affairs has dragged on for 18 months after all. I take your point about JT leaving though.

The board totally screwed up by hanging A Cole out to dry just to dish out some spite to Chelsea. Now they have to sell a player that Chelsea claim to be only half interested in. The Arsenal fans (and Denis Hill-Wood) understand that.

On top of that, JT and FL lead an anglo core of internationals, while Arsenal is lead by a French core that doesn't include Cole. JT and Henry are perhaps equivalent, but not JT and Cole.

Most arsenal fans are of the same opinion as wenger. They coped without him last year for part of the season ( or so they thought ), so why not sell him for a profit, even if it is to one their rivals.

quote:Originally posted by Prada Meinhof

But it prolly wouldn't stop some of the dumber ones claiming some kind of meaningless victory if Gerrard got the nod. Like I said though, I think it'd just be a distraction.

id="quote">

id="quote">

I don't want any of our players playing for England at all, but that's just me. They obviously do and fair enough to them if they do.

I saw a poll the other day with Gerrard getting 80+% of the votes, so I suspect there are more "dumber ones" than you imagine. I think they're the only ones still voting because the bookies (who are always right) are barely giving odds against JT at all.

Watching the final two episodes of the West Wing tonight I had to put up with TV adverts (I try to avoid them). The sight of Gerrard advertising Persil looks like its sales will plummet everywhere outside of L4...

quote:Originally posted by Harry Sideras

... so I suspect there are more "dumber ones" than you imagine.

id="quote">

id="quote">

I doubt it. I never underestimate the stupidity of people.

Seems like we agree about England though, H. Whatever next?

Estache   
quote:Originally posted by Paul Mcgoochan

Most arsenal fans are of the same opinion as wenger. They coped without him last year for part of the season ( or so they thought ), so why not sell him for a profit, even if it is to one their rivals.

id="quote">

id="quote">

True.