Lucas

John Terry

It's an absurd amount of money taken out of context, but in the context of his peers, what he means to Chelsea and his performance on the pitch, it was not unreasonable for him to insist on those terms, IMHO. And I don't think Kenyon, Buck and the other biz men ever disagreed. That is why I think the rhetoric about all this was so amicable. There was never a doubt in anyone's mind there was going to be a deal, and there probably was never going to be a doubt he was going to be earning on a par with or above anyone on Chelsea and anyone in the Prem, it was only a question of the details. He and Lamps getting new deals was a certainty the minute we signed Sheva and Ballack.

Kezza   

Sigh. I only wish my salary contract took that long to negotiate. It must have been a bumper deal I could only dream of.

After reading the topic, I got that chill in my stomach again... Until I read this:

"JT is not 'many people' ... JT could break a leg without noticing..... JT probably breaks his own fingers and toes for fun when he's bored. He is not just hard .... he is kinard "

Top shelf stuff, that! Thanks for the early morning levity and here's hoping JT is alright!

He and Lamps getting new deals was a certainty the minute we signed Sheva and Ballack.

It should have been a certainty whoever we signed. I don't see anyone leaving becuase they aren't getting parity with them, as some predicited. I see JT signing and Lamps likely to follow suit.

Robben will leave becuase he wants to - Madrid won't offer him any more money than we are.

Wages are going up in football, and that is a sad inevitability. It won't be long before the first £200,000 per week Premiership footballer. Its just too much money.

It should have been a certainty whoever we signed. I don't see anyone leaving becuase they aren't getting parity with them, as some predicited. I see JT signing and Lamps likely to follow suit.

Robben will leave becuase he wants to - Madrid won't offer him any more money than we are.

Wages are going up in football, and that is a sad inevitability. It won't be long before the first £200,000 per week Premiership footballer. Its just too much money.

Surely if Robben goes we're gong to look pretty feeble.Kenyon sais we wouldn't accept any bids, Jose wants him to stay and has baited the press for saying Robben was going while Buck will seem clueless as the other day said he wasn't aware of any offers.

I also fail to see any footballing reason for Robben to go to Real.I don't think he'll be first choice after Robinho's showing in the

copa-has his dad told him the bench is nice and cosy at a big club like Real?

Good news over JT's deal though.It puts me worrying about Robben leaving into stark perspective-Imagine if Calderon's greasy

paws were after JT?Horrifying.

Karan   
I also fail to see any footballing reason for Robben to go to Real.I don't think he'll be first choice after Robinho's showing in the

I understand and agree with the fact that the Real Madrid branded Recaro seats on the Bernabeu bench are much comfortable than the plastic (?) seats at the Bridge dugout. But I can't for a single second see how Robinho could displace Robben.

I don't think Robinho will play at left wing for them. Although Jose Reyes seems worried that if Robben is signed by Real then his chance of joining them gets slimmer.

Back to the topic, there's never been any threat of JT leaving as such. He's always maintained that he wanted to stay and the only disagreements seemed to be the length of the contract.

Surely now not even the broken little toe can affect the outcome of his eventual contract extension. :)

ChAoS   

Lets wait for the official news, I have doubts over the Daily Mail. Finger crossed, hope JT can be back asap.

Let's hope it's not serious. JT is an iron man though, and it wouldn't suprise me if he was fit for the start of the season. Get well soon JT.

Surely if Robben goes we're gong to look pretty feeble.Kenyon sais we wouldn't accept any bids, Jose wants him to stay and has baited the press for saying Robben was going while Buck will seem clueless as the other day said he wasn't aware of any offers.

Good news over JT's deal though.It puts me worrying about Robben leaving into stark perspective-Imagine if Calderon's greasy

paws were after JT?Horrifying.

I agree. Keeping JT is far more important than keeping Robben. JT gives 100,000% for the cause, and the same cannot always be said of Robben. And Calderon can stop deluding himself about luring JT to his soap opera of a club, he won't win anything there with three other donkeys in the Real defence. JT forever!!!!!

Edited by blueandproud