Lucas

John Terry

bonoz   

Has it been signed yet?

DP89   

BBC Report

TOCFCWS Report

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce that John Terry has signed a new five-year contract.

The Chelsea and England captain put pen to paper at the Cobham training ground earlier today (Friday, July 27).

Terry said: "I'm really happy this has now been concluded. There has been a lot of speculation but these things take time and I never had doubts that I wanted to stay at Chelsea and that the club wanted me to stay.

"I hope the fans can see that we are all trying to build something special here, both for now and for the future, and I want to be a part of that. I have been at Chelsea all my career and have the privilege of being captain.

"Now it's time to look forward to the new season which we are all very confident about."

Terry had just over two years to go on his previous deal, which is now superseded by the new one.

Kenyon said: "This is an important day for Chelsea. This was the right deal for us and for John. As a club we are committed to try and keep our players together on long term deals and this was a natural progression from last season when other players also committed themselves for the long term.

"As captain, John is clearly a key player for Chelsea and also a great symbol of the club so naturally we are pleased this has been agreed."

Excellent news, never doubted him for a minute. Truely irreplaceable.

Flinkers   

Although it was never likely that he would be sold or agitate for a move, his signature on a new contract is very welcome news. Congratulations JT, now for Frank and Robbie.

Edited by Flinkers

Mehrino   

Glad its finally done. PK took his time to get it sorted, but Captain Fantastic is staying with us for the forseeable future! Not that it was ever in any doubt anyway...