Lucas

John Terry

mercury   

Great news, a fantastic player and example to all at Chelsea and elsewhere, a fantastic captain and it does not surprise me that he quietly finalised things without any hysteria or too much press speculation.

Deal done and he's at Chelsea for life.

Whatever his salary may be (and no one really knows) he is worth every penny and I don't begrudge him at all unlike some other players at times.

DP89   
Thank God FINALLY! We've got JT until he's 30.

Better news than any new signing IMO.

31 actually ;) Great news. Although I never thought he would leave the club, its a great relief to actually see it confirmed. The way he spoke to Chelsea TV after the FA Cup final, it was obvious how much he wanted to be at this club for the rest of his life, including after he's finished playing. Hopefully we'll hear something about Frank next week.

Best news I've heard all day. Lamps get off your backside and sign on the dotted line.

Nice one JT, youre the most important member of our team, and you proved yourself yet again. Lets crack on with winning some trophies!!

CAREFREE

Thank God FINALLY! We've got JT until he's 30.

Better news than any new signing IMO.

Yep.Along with Lord Percy we have the two best CB's on the planet.JT's bravery,inspirational leadership,uncanny positional sense in either box allied to the deceptive pace(who knew Riccy was THAT fast?),sheer class on the ball(breaking forward with verve and vision) leaves them untouchable as a partnership.Given the fact that their distribution is fantastic and both chip in with esp vital goals, we don't know how lucky we are.

If Only we still had Willy G-thats why we struggled at the back in the absense of either first choice.It worries me that NO effort has been made in a year to remedy this.No effort at all, just like our refusal to consider getting anyone capable of playing at RB.Why no bid for Alves,Miguel or,last year, Zambrotta?

But enough whinging.Well done Chels and JT for sorting it out.So Johnny slap Robbie into seeing sense,get Frank to hurry up and force Glenda to become the world class RB we all thought he was destined to become(lets face it he's got every attribute to do it-miles more talent than Micah Richards).You sorted your head JT, do it for Glenda he's a hell of an athlete with skill to burn(remember the overlapping runs in the first year,or th goal at Blackburn).C'mon JT get em at it now you've proven your loyalty back to us.

bonoz   

He is the most important player isn't he? He is the perfect central defender, and mind you, he is the epitomy of a perfect perfect little leader. He is the perfect candidate to be Chelsea's and England's captain. It's not just in his skill but in his appearance, his bold and tall talismanic appearance; the perfect face and hair combination is one to admire. Looks like the perfect leader of a team. I will cry the day JT retires. You rarely every find a piece of gem as perfect and as appropriate as John Terry. From his rather simple name, John Terry, to his abilities in defense and leadership, perfection literally overflows out of him. Became a legend the moment he stepped onto the field at Stamford Bridge.

KTBFFH!

T.H.O.R.   

I'm so happy to hear about that, it's what we've been al waiting for. Good boy Terry !

I don't know where it was originaly taken, so you might seen it before, but that's translation of the issue in my country :

English international defender John Terry remains a member of Chelsea FC, after he extended his contract with the club from Stamford Bridge until 2012.

Even though it was often heard that he cannot find an agreement with the club board and to leave the club because of this, John Terry will continue carrying captain's armbrand of Chelsea FC. Friday afternoon, the English international extended the contract with London side, to whom he gave his name for another 5 years, which means, he'll play there until 2012. " I'm really glad, that the issue is now sorted out. There were many rumours about me leaving, but it's a fact that these things take some time. I've never had any doubt, I wanted to stay at Chelsea in the club had the same interest. I've been playing for Chelsea for my entire career, and I'm also the one who's the club's captain. Now it's time too look for the coming season, the one we're all very confident about" happily said 26-year old, who played over 300 matches for Chelsea.