Lucas

John Terry

BlueFizz   
Captains come & go , I think Lampard would make just a good captain as Terry , I do think we'd have a poorer side without him , but I'd live with that , because his behaviour is not what I expected of him .

All he needs to do , is call a press conference , say 'I'm not going anywhere' ........subject is over & a lot of us won't feel so pissed off with him !

Couple of points - the club have said he's going nowhere. Is it really appropriate for an individual player to call his own press conference to say he's not leaving a club? I think not. You could re-think JT's silence as respectfully letting the club and CA take charge of the situation. You could also be aware that he pledged his loyalty a few months ago anyway, so what's he supposed to do? Call a press conference everytime Man City try to buy him?

I don't see that his behaviour is at all 'what's not expected of him'.

One final point the last time a player called a press conference to express his undying desire to play for chelsea and only chelsea (remember the small, talented Brazilian from a year ago?) ... he joined Man City! So what does that prove?

Couple of points - the club have said he's going nowhere. Is it really appropriate for an individual player to call his own press conference to say he's not leaving a club? I think not. You could re-think JT's silence as respectfully letting the club and CA take charge of the situation. You could also be aware that he pledged his loyalty a few months ago anyway, so what's he supposed to do? Call a press conference everytime Man City try to buy him?

I don't see that his behaviour is at all 'what's not expected of him'.

One final point the last time a player called a press conference to express his undying desire to play for chelsea and only chelsea (remember the small, talented Brazilian from a year ago?) ... he joined Man City! So what does that prove?

Because of the amount of speculation in the press & simply because everyone is waiting for him to speak , he needs to come out & clarify his position , clubs , agents , representatives we know , often have their own agenda ...we need to hear it from the horses mouth.......after all its not hard . He doesn't even need to call a press conference , just speak 'on the record' to a reporter or journalist ..........& if Terry says 'I'm staying here at the club I love ' I will take that at face value & accept it & all this speculation & fretting will be over .

The rumour I heard is, he needs the additional income to help fund his desire to become a woman when he finishes playing. Apparently it's hard to get decent glitzy sling backs in size 11.

Just a rumour though...........

Hey don't shoot the messenger, these are from a showbiz site which has no axe to grind against footballers, teams or Chelsea in particular..

the item :

"This already highly paid international footballer is looking for a move (and increased wages) due to his love of gambling.

Appears he currently doesn't have much set aside to keep him in the lifestyle he currently enjoys after his career finishes "

Second part (a Bridge too far?)

Which player left said club due to borrowing too much money to said player as his gambling habits were as bad but pay wasn't as good

I can't believe we have come this far as Chelsea fans - discussing life after a person who comes as close to a model Chelsea Captain as possible. I don't think we will find another one like John Terry in this generation.

Yes, there are better defenders and better captains - but for Chelsea Football Club, it cannot get better than JT.

...better captains?

How did this thread go up 30 pages in one day...?
See Grahame's recent post about page changes.

Arkie   
“He doesn’t pay attention to that,” striker Salomon Kalou said. “Maybe if he was paying attention to that it might disturb a little bit of the team, but you can tell he is not disturbed by this situation.”

Beautiful.

Waspeze   
According to Kalou Terry is not thinking about City.

“He doesn’t pay attention to that,” striker Salomon Kalou said. “Maybe if he was paying attention to that it might disturb a little bit of the team, but you can tell he is not disturbed by this situation.”

Makes sense.. as soon as he comes out and says he's staying the papers will be full of stories saying how Terry has signed a new 20 year contract worth 10 mil a day, why not keep the stories about Man City?

I realise some want to hear he's staying from his mouth but since he said he was staying back in Feb everything else supposedly said by him (interest in city ) has been paper talk.

I say give him an extension and even if the last year or two he's only a "part time" player (like scholes or giggs for united) and gets some management experience then surely every one wins? :)

Stuart   

"Oasis's Noel Gallagher does not want Chelsea captain John Terry at his beloved Manchester City. "He's got funny eyes and he's a cry baby," he said. " Coutesy of the Daily Mail!!!!!!!!!!

I read this and thought; " are you actually trying to be serious or have you been having a rattle at coke again????"

Tevez has a funny scar on his neck but I'm sure there's no complaint there!!

Terry is easily one of the bravest players in football anywhere in the world. Cry baby????

Noel Gallagher should stick to singing, he knows f**k all about anything else!!!!!!