Lucas

John Terry

lazydude   

So City lost 2-0 to an unknown South African club. Awesome, JT would most definitely want to go there now.

its amazing that some people in this thread are so confident that john doesnt want to go. not a single player thats come out and commented on the matter has indicated, even once, that John WANTS to stay at chelsea. just by reading Lampard's comments above, I am now convinced that Terry is, at the very least, considering manchester city's proposal.

as for Lampard's misguided belief that even if Terry jumps ship he should still be considered a chelsea legend, well I think he shouldve told that to the arsenal fans after ashley Cole left, the villa fans after barry left, the liverpool fans who wouldve murdered gerrard if he had appeared in the public, the manchester united fans who now hate cristiano ronaldo, and the barcelona fans who threw a pig-head at luis figo.

nobody can seriously believe that JTs departure would not be about the money...whatever issues he may have with the chelsea board, I'm pretty sure he'd be going backwards if he went to manchester city. time's not even on his side to recover and collect some medals because he's no spring-chicken.. so what could possibly be the only reason john would be considering their proposal? well, as rafa benitez would put it: " its all about money, money, money".

Port   
.. so what could possibly be the only reason john would be considering their proposal? well, as rafa benitez would put it: " its all about money, money, money".

I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay

Aint it sad

And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me

Thats too bad

In my dreams I have a plan

If I got me a wealthy man

I wouldnt have to work at all, Id fool around and have a ball...

Money, money, money

Must be funny

In the rich mans world

Money, money, money

Always sunny

In the rich mans world

Aha-ahaaa

All the things I could do

If I had a little money

Its a rich mans world

A man like that is hard to find but I can't get him off my mind

Aint it sad

And if he happens to be free I bet he wouldnt fancy me

Thats too bad

So I must leave, Ill have to go

To las vegas or monaco

And win a fortune in a game, my life will never be the same...

Money, money, money

Must be funny

In the rich mans world

Money, money, money

Always sunny

In the rich mans world

Aha-ahaaa

If I had a little money

Its a rich mans world

Money, money, money

Must be funny

In the rich mans world

Money, money, money

Always sunny

In the rich mans world

Aha-ahaaa

If I had a little money

Its a rich mans world

Its a rich mans world

Edited by Port

Seb   
I would love to hear what is the reason then? Of course it is all about the money in this case...

I don't know the reason. Neither do you. I think that someone who has given as much to the club as John Terry has deserves the benefit of the doubt, especially as there is absolutely no evidence to suggest otherwise, other than hear-say and speculation. I also think it's quite sad how so many have turned on him at the drop of a hat, and says a lot about the state of contemporary football culture.

Edited by Seb

Seb   
If Terry does go (which he probably won't), we'd get a lot of money for it, which could mean we could seriously go for players like Aguero or Pato. Is it worth it?

Disregarding the overall inaccuracy of your post, no, it's not worth it.

Codger   
Its a rich mans world
Way to go, taking the piss out of the captain of the team you claim to support.

This site's really going to shitter.

I could have just deleted that post, but I let it through because I want people to see the sort of Chelsea fans we have on board now.

Arkie   
I don't know the reason. Neither do you. I think that someone who has given as much to the club as John Terry has deserves the benefit of the doubt, especially as there is absolutely no evidence to suggest otherwise, other than hear-say and speculation. I also think it's quite sad how so many have turned on him at the drop of a hat, and says a lot about the state of contemporary football culture.

I am not turning back on him. I still think that JT is a great Capitan and I believe that he is negotiating the new deal now. However, I dislike his silence on this matter and the new interview from FL doesn't fill me with confidence either.

One thing I know for sure, JT is treated like God here in CFC. Fans love him, his teammates respect him (look at the amount of people who spoke highly of him recently) and if he decides to leave us ( I still refuse to believe it) it would be only for the sake of big money . Really big money. Is it in human nature, is it understandable? yes. Is it a role model behavior? I don't think so.

Edit:spelling

Edited by Arkie

Way to go, taking the piss out of the captain of the team you claim to support.

This site's really going to shitter.

I could have just deleted that post, but I let it through because I want people to see the sort of Chelsea fans we have on board now.

Look I totally agree that taking the mick out of the captain is out of order. It was a ridiculous post and humiliating for its poster.

But honestly, why are you so defensive?

Just because JT is captain doesn't make him immune from criticism, and although I personally like to think his love of Chelsea is genuine, just because a player says they will never leave doesn't mean anything. You only have to look at Lampard's comments to make a reasonable conclusion that JT has at least thought about the possibility of moving.

And even if he has, it doesn't mean he doesn't love this club.

JT shouldn't be immune from criticism just becuase of his statements of loyalty and his efforts on the pitch. No player is immune from criticism, and no manager either. This is the problem I have with Jose-worshippers, in that they think he made no mistakes and to blame him for anything means he wasn't a great manager, which of course isn't true. Or that he was incapable of mistakes, which again, was rubbish.

Jose was a great manager - but not immune from criticism. JT is a great player, a Chelsea legend and I am certain he loves our club. I don't question that for one minute.

But does that mean he's not considering moving, or he should be immune from blame or criticism? No.

To me it seems like you're afraid to even say a word against him, even if it is justified - which at the moment it isn't because he's not left, and he won't be IMO. I don't know why, but do you really think JT is above criticism?

JT is a Chelsea legend and a great player - he always will be. But that doesn't mean he's above criticism if it's justified.

However saying all that, some of the criticism from some so-called fans on this site, I agree, isn't justified.

The only valid criticism right now would be of his silence, which speaks volumes. He could kill this story for good by making a statement of commitment to Chelsea or signing a new deal (I hope he's negotiating a new deal and that that is his reason for silence) but he's not done either yet.

The more silence there is from him on the subject, the longer the speculation will go on and the better chance City will think they have.

I am sure he loves Chelsea and will be staying, as do you. But my confidence, and yours, will mean nothing to most people until he says something. That's the nature of the situation.

And for what its worth I do think he's at least looked at what City have to say, if only to use as a lever to get more influence at CFC and/or get a better deal with us. And if he does want to hear what City are saying, I don't think it necessarily means he wants to leave, and I don't think it means he doesn't love Chelsea.

Seb   
I am not turning back on him. I still think that JT is a great Capitan and I believe that he is negotiating the new deal now. However, I dislike his silence on this matter and the new interview from FL doesn't fill me with confidence either.

One thing I know for sure, JT is treated like God here in CFC. Fans love him, his teammates respect him (look at the amount of people who spoke highly of him recently) and if he decides to leave us ( I still refuse to believe it) it would be only for the sake of big money . Really big money. Is it in human nature, is it understandable? yes. Is it a role model behavior? I don't think so.

Edit:spelling

The thing is, by assuming that Terry is considering leaving, and assuming that it's only for a fatter pay-check, you are turning your back on him. It's all very well and good saying he's a great captain, you'd love him to stay etc. But why would he want to stay if he's going to be on the receiving end off his own fans who, at the end of the day, don't have a clue about what's really going on? I think it's quite ironic. Whatever happened to good old fashioned innocent until proven guilty?

Edited by Seb