Lucas

John Terry

NickC   
The case is clear on City's approach. If I had the slightest bit of faith, I'd say that Chelsea don't need to contact the FA because the FA would be straight on City's case about this.

Tapping up is defined as a statement made publicly or on behalf of a club expressing an interest in acquiring the registration of a contracted player without permission.

Mark Hughes: "He's obviously the type and the calibre of player we need if we're going to progress and compete at the top level," Hughes said. "There may be a point that we concede, but
I
don't think we're at that point as yet."

Mark Hughes: "Chelsea have come out very strongly, in no uncertain terms, saying that he's not available, so we have to reflect that position because John is very much a Chelsea player.

Mark Hughes: "We've already had conversations with Chelsea to that regard and we would like the opportunity to speak to John
Terry
now."

So it's clear they are very publicly pursuing Terry without the club's permission.

I fully expect that half-wit Hughes to try the same defence that O'Leary did, assuming the FA actually do something about this, and get away with a slap on the wrist.

Anyone remember how much we were punished? And yet still people aren't ranting at Man City.

Why have Chelsea not yet reported Man City to the FA or Premier League?? Are the club still feeling guilty about the Ashley Cole affair?(for which we were rightly punished). The authorities won't take action until we make a complaint. We have an open and shut case! We MUST and SHOULD report them!

If we let City get away with it, they will be back again and again. On this occasion it's John Terry, who will it be next time??

Why have Chelsea not yet reported Man City to the FA or Premier League?? Are the club still feeling guilty about the Ashley Cole affair?(for which we were rightly punished). The authorities won't take action until we make a complaint. We have an open and shut case! We MUST and SHOULD report them!

If we let City get away with it, they will be back again and again. On this occasion it's John Terry, who will it be next time??

Ashley Cole maybe .. how ironic would that be .

can I just distance myself from idiots like this as a city fan. No need for wumming what so ever

Dont worry mate I'm sure he is just another armchair city fan who didn't bother turning up at SB last season or the 20 seasons before that , worst 'big club' away support in the prem , whats the betting your actually ask for the full allocation next season LOL.

I've just one thing to say : If John Terry doesn't want to calm Mark Hughes, we don't have to report them. I'm fed up with this story like a lot of us, and if City are annoying our club, there's only one person who can stop that.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle6719687.ece

I don't know what he will do,” Lampard said. “I've been in John's position, but everyone at the club wants him to stay. I had an option to leave last summer, to go with a manager who I love, but it came at a time in my life that, maybe, just wasn't right.

“But the situation made me think an awful lot. It wasn't an easy decision, either, and I don't think people should criticise John. The fact is you can never take away what he's done for Chelsea. He'll always be a legend. I hope and I'm confident that, whatever happens, he will continue to be considered a legend here.”

JT should come out and state his case. This circus is getting rather annoying

I agree. I have felt that JT won't go, but this does worry me a bit...

db12d1   

I searched to see if Terry said something about Lampard in last year topic about Lampard to Inter and I found out that topic was absolutely hilarious, especially after the season he had.

I'm sure in one year time this topic will be funny as Lampard, if not more.

Immune from criticism, are you serious? I'll pardon you for not paying attention on this occasion, but I think you'll find I have criticised John Terry in the past.

There are more people on here slagging of JT despite everything he's done for the club than there are people who are prepared to defend him against opposition fans.

There are now so-called Chelsea fans criticising the staff for taking a pop at oppo fans.

Why are people so quick to criticise John Terry when they're not in possession of any facts?

Why when so many papers have said that it's not about the money, do people still say it's about the money?

Why do people let oppo fans get away with talking utter shite on here?

Why do people let users like Port get away with talking about one of the greatest ever Chelsea players in that manner?

Looks like you're supporting Port's view.

On a Chelsea site? A CHELSEA SITE!

Read my post again. I said that his post was out of order, I support your view on JT totally, not Port's. I think he loves this club and wants to stay here, I've said it numerous times.

However, where I disagree is that I think he's at least wanting to hear what they have to offer him, or using the situation to get a better deal with us, or some more influence at the club - and I don't think that's at all disloyal. He's essentially using the situation to better Chelsea's position and his own position, which I think most people would do.

He is staying IMO, no doubt. He loves this club, no doubt.

What some people have said here is out of order - and they are the ones who will have to live with it if and when he stays.

Khobar   
I agree. I have felt that JT won't go, but this does worry me a bit...

Shouldn't do. All he is saying is that decisions come along in life and people must be left alone to make the choice that is right for them. No matter what your loyalty or how big your bank balance, a quarter of a million pounds per week (reportedly), is a lot to simply turn your back on. All players want security, they aren't going to be happy with a £20,000 pa pension like the rest of us. I'm sure that a move would have been very lucrative for Frank, but he gave himself time and came to the decision that he could work with the deal Chelsea were offering him.

I'm only surprised that City haven't come in for Lampard - or Drogba. Their transfers all seem to be a little underwhelming. Tevez couldn't hold a place at Utd, Arsenal couldn't wait to offload Adebayor and their fans would have driven him to Manchester - how Arsenal managed to screw £25 million for a player who wanted to leave and the club wanted out is anyones guess, Santa Cruz - meh! Barry - double meh. And this from someone who wouldn't normally consider 'meh' to be a word. I'm surprised that Hughes still needs that big name when he really needs to be looking at solidity to supplement the flair already available. The big names will come if and when they get a CL place and trying to force the issue smacks of a desperation that surprise me from Hughes. Perhaps someone else wants him to buy a big name? He who pays the piper after all....

118 pages and counting.City fans have every right to be excited,they could be signing of of the best players in the country.If I remember correctly,we done exactly the same to other clubs,for their players(Cole being the obvious one.We even went after Sven.Glass house etc,etc.

What will be,will be.If JT stays,all well and good.If he chooses to go,we have to make sure it's for as much money as possible.

And maybe JT thinks that he has a better chance of winning the CL with City in a few years time.And before you slag that ambition to pieces,who's to say they won't,given the amount of money they could spend?It might take about 5 years,but they may even win it before us.

Just a thought.

Arkie   
It might take about 5 years,but they may even win it before us.

In 5 years JT will be 34, and probably not playing in the first eleven of this "ambitious" team.