Lucas

John Terry

Maybe it's a ploy.

We sell him to City next week for £30 million, then buy him back the week after for £50million! Hey, we make the marquee signing everyone is on about and he's only the England captain too!!! We also massively weaken one of our 'rivals' by nicking their defensive linchpin and boost our defence at the same time!

It's a flawless plan.

Edited by Toby Brown

Would be nice if people psted abit more frequently on there though, had an account there since it started but takes ages to get a reply, my only gripe, but other than that yep it is a mecca of sorts for actual intelligent talking about chelsea at the moment.

mihk3l   
We were there though, we were that close that people started to take it as a given that we would challenge for the Premier League every season, the very mark of a team’s success over an extended period. Yet last season, honestly, even with Lampard putting in one of his best seasons and Anelka finishing top goal scorer, we were a distant third behind Manchester United. Without significant vision, investment and consistency, that’s where we’ll stay.

I pretty much agree with your post but this segment is hard to swallow and I feel you're a bit too pessimistic.

We were a distant third in the PL because of Scolari's ineptitude, vital players beeing injured and having no depth in the attacking department. I doubt we'd have let SWP go had we known we were going to miss out Robinho. That was just bad luck in the end.

Under Hiddink we had championship winning form, were 3minutes away from a CL final and won the FA Cup. Coincidentally that strong push occured when Drogba came back to life and Essien returned from injury.

Arrivals of Sturridge and Zhirkov are going to add a much needed depth to our squad and I am sure we're after 1 more offensive player. If that is not going to materialise because we won't be held to ransom anymore then we're likely to reserve our spending for next summer and keep one of the Deco/Sheva/Pizarro trio and still end up with a rather good squad.

I think JT needs to read my post too because I think that is what all the silence is about. He feels we should splash the cash in the transfer market in order to remain competetive and I distinctly remember a interview at the end of the season where he was all gitty about us linked with "them" players so maybe he feels kind of let down by the board.

The former Chelsea legend is most likely to be Frank Lebouf.

Yes. I now remembered. I am almost 100% sure this is where JT will break whatever news.

Codger   
Yes. I now remembered. I am almost 100% sure this is where JT will break whatever news.
If he breaks any 'news' it won't be that he's leaving, because it's not his place to so do. If he mentions anything about this saga it will be that he's staying.

It'll be about the tour, the new manager, and not much else. The interviewer will have been very carefully briefed on what is and isn't acceptable to ask him.

Maybe it's a ploy.

We sell him to City next week for £30 million, then buy him back the week after for £50million! Hey, we make the marquee signing everyone is on about and he's only the England captain too!!! We also massively weaken one of our 'rivals' by nicking their defensive linchpin and boost our defence at the same time!

It's a flawless plan.

I hope the clowns on the board dont read the above. They might come up with a Baldrick like cunning plan!!!!!

If he breaks any 'news' it won't be that he's leaving, because it's not his place to so do. If he mentions anything about this saga it will be that he's staying.

It'll be about the tour, the new manager, and not much else. The interviewer will have been very carefully briefed on what is and isn't acceptable to ask him.

but I'm sure he must say something about the situation...even a "no comment"...what kind of interview will it be after weeks of not talking to the press with all this going on, for him to say ancelotti is doing a good job...surely it will be focussed on man city's interest...these are well respected footballing pundits...imo it is a good program in which to clarify your future

Codger   
but I'm sure he must say something about the situation...even a "no comment"...what kind of interview will it be after weeks of not talking to the press with all this going on
One very similar to Frank's on the same channel yesterday.