Lucas

John Terry

I pretty much agree with your post but this segment is hard to swallow and I feel you're a bit too pessimistic.

We were a distant third in the PL because of Scolari's ineptitude, vital players beeing injured and having no depth in the attacking department. I doubt we'd have let SWP go had we known we were going to miss out Robinho. That was just bad luck in the end.

Under Hiddink we had championship winning form, were 3minutes away from a CL final and won the FA Cup. Coincidentally that strong push occured when Drogba came back to life and Essien returned from injury.

Arrivals of Sturridge and Zhirkov are going to add a much needed depth to our squad and I am sure we're after 1 more offensive player. If that is not going to materialise because we won't be held to ransom anymore then we're likely to reserve our spending for next summer and keep one of the Deco/Sheva/Pizarro trio and still end up with a rather good squad.

I think JT needs to read my post too because I think that is what all the silence is about. He feels we should splash the cash in the transfer market in order to remain competetive and I distinctly remember a interview at the end of the season where he was all gitty about us linked with "them" players so maybe he feels kind of let down by the board.

the big question for me is not the players (the squad is good enough to challenge for the league again even if there is a need for more creativity, especially out wide - maybe joe Cole can fill this role)

the question is Ancelotti - not convinced at all he will be a success here

Maybe it's a ploy.

We sell him to City next week for £30 million, then buy him back the week after for £50million! Hey, we make the marquee signing everyone is on about and he's only the England captain too!!! We also massively weaken one of our 'rivals' by nicking their defensive linchpin and boost our defence at the same time!

It's a flawless plan.

It was be so chelsea to pay big bucks for a 29 year old with a bad back.

Codger   
We were a distant third in the PL because of Scolari's ineptitude, vital players beeing injured and having no depth in the attacking department. I doubt we'd have let SWP go had we known we were going to miss out Robinho. That was just bad luck in the end.

Under Hiddink we had championship winning form, were 3minutes away from a CL final and won the FA Cup. Coincidentally that strong push occured when Drogba came back to life and Essien returned from injury.

Didn't you agree with me there, then? Looks like it to me.

Bad choice of manager, lack of signings, and lack of depth.

Codger   
the question is Ancelotti - not convinced at all he will be a success here
I think it's more a question of whether or not he'll get a decent shot at it before Roman stamps his feet again, or one of his 'trusted lieutenants' gives him another earworm.

We may never know how good or bad Ancelotti is.

Codger   
is there any player in the world who wouldn't be tempted by what City are offering ?
Samuel Eto'o. There's one.

trad11   
is there any player in the world who wouldn't be tempted by what City are offering ?

sturridge ;-)

kembo   
How did this thread go up 30 pages in one day...?

Hot air.ia amazing isn't it.

60 million.

And we could get Villa for 45, and Bruno Alves for 15.

Alex, Carvalho, Ivanovic & Mancienne are ALL Quality.

Is that Aston Villa?

Maybe it's a ploy.

We sell him to City next week for £30 million, then buy him back the week after for £50million! Hey, we make the marquee signing everyone is on about and he's only the England captain too!!! We also massively weaken one of our 'rivals' by nicking their defensive linchpin and boost our defence at the same time!

It's a flawless plan.

:)):):):)

Nothing succeeds as planned.

Can I suggest that anymore posts on this topic require a 1p or whatever donation to help Ron Harris in his fundraising attempt for South Downs?

All this hot air will accelerate global warming which as we know CFC are doing their best to help reduce hence the visit to America instead of Clacton.