Lucas

John Terry

rusty   
Incase you forgot Grahame we pulled the plug on that one when we got word Adebayor was very interested, Barca even tried to get us back to the table but Hughes wasnt going to wait all summer for Eto'o and Barca to sort this loyalty payment out.

Mate, you really are becoming a pain, I used to enjoy reading your posts. You must've twigged by now we are all a little bit cheesed of with reading second hand what you lot have got from newspapers or your ITK mates. It's a Chelsea forum there's nothing to see here move along and take the rest of them with you. No offence intended but I just don't care who your latest project is.

I said "tempted"....

Kaka and Eto'o both came close to joining

Whoops you nearly said "....joining us" there. Nearly let your skyblue cat out the bag eh?

DarkSoul   

This Lampard's interview made me fell unsure about Terry's departure, really. Previous informations linked JT with ManC have been taken with smile by me. Anyway, this one sounds serious for me.

I'm sure he won't leave for money. I know that players want to earn more and taxes will be higher next year, but there are players whose belong only to one club, they are their icon, no matter what cash is offered to them. I believe Terry does as well.

It must be something more valuable, not sure what, though.

I said "tempted"....

Kaka and Eto'o both came close to joining

Flirted more like. City may have been tempted. It is what happens when you have got cash (we know). If an agent fails to get a story into the press about how City have offered his star player double to come, the agent gets sacked.

Incase you forgot Grahame we pulled the plug on that one when we got word Adebayor was very interested, Barca even tried to get us back to the table but Hughes wasnt going to wait all summer for Eto'o and Barca to sort this loyalty payment out.

You pulled out when you got word inter were in for him you mean dont you, pulling out of the eto'o deal was a face saving operation on your part, what kind of message would it put out that even 250k a week and nodoubt a hefty hefty signing on fee wasnt enought to get him there? not a slight on city mind just an observation on my part, same happened with kaka, you seemed to have learnt your lesson about that after ronaldinho turned you down publically despite the small fortune you were willing to pay him.

yugam   
I think it's more a question of whether or not he'll get a decent shot at it before Roman stamps his feet again, or one of his 'trusted lieutenants' gives him another earworm.

We may never know how good or bad Ancelotti is.

dont you think he is too good a friend of roman to be not given a fair shot at this??

I think it would take a massive bad run of games for him to be under any pressure about his job..

I think no matter what happens he would survive this season..anyways hope for the best..

dont you think he is too good a friend of roman to be not given a fair shot at this??

Seriously, when did Ancelotti become "too good a friend of Roman"? He's a coach Roman admired/wanted, and he'll be judged on results, and how the team plays, just like any other coach. It'll all depend on how quickly CA gets up to speed, and how patient RA is.

yugam   
Seriously, when did Ancelotti become "too good a friend of Roman"? He's a coach Roman admired/wanted, and he'll be judged on results, and how the team plays, just like any other coach. It'll all depend on how quickly CA gets up to speed, and how patient RA is.

may be I got it wrong on the friend thing..my mistake.but still he maintains a good relationshiop with roman..he was the man he wanted last year too..

so with all this I still think he would get more leverage from roman than his predecessors..but still you have to get results with roman and he admitted that in his first interview.scolari knew that too and he got the taste of it also pretty quickly..

Codger   

I don't know if anyone else saw it, but there were some rumours doing the rounds a couple of days ago that some fans met with JT and a couple of others in Seattle. Funny thing is, I've just seen a post somewhere else that confirms this in some detail from what I consider to be a very decent source.

JT is not leaving Chelsea. He has unfinished business.

trad11   
Mate, you really are becoming a pain, I used to enjoy reading your posts. You must've twigged by now we are all a little bit cheesed of with reading second hand what you lot have got from newspapers or your ITK mates. It's a Chelsea forum there's nothing to see here move along and take the rest of them with you. No offence intended but I just don't care who your latest project is.

thank you rusty. someone had to say it